Benelli Montefeltro
    Franchi Affinity
    Kel-Tec KSG
    Mossberg 500

Revolvers:
    Taurus 605
    Taurus 85
    Colt Python

And to show how clueless they really are...
    Misc:
    Pistol Grips

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What a pathetic excuse for reporting. It's about as anti-gun as it comes. I only got as far as the Sig P938 and the mention that Lanza used a 9mm Sig at Sandy Hook.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Some of the dumbest crap I've seen in a long time.
    a catagory of guns called "pistol grip"!?:dunno:
    the Colt Python, the best selling used revolver!? Really? They must have used total $ spent, not how many guns sold.
    oh, and forward pistol grips are NFA items. Guess I need to get a stamp for the wife's Mossberg 410!?:runaway:

Last edited:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    After reading the editorial comments masquerading as "reporting" at the bottom of many of the descriptions of each gun, I knew right off that this was yet another thinly veiled anti-gun bit of "journalism."
    ****ing pathetic.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    This should generate some fireworks around here...
    Targeting the facts - America's favorite guns - Pictures - CBS News
    A CBS News article that took ATF Annual Firearms Manufacturing and Exportation Report along with an September 2015 ranking of the bestselling guns on GunBroker.com.
    Enjoy.
    Does that include the walked guns from Fast & Furious? :D

This report is as flawed as using a BBB report and an ebay search to determine what the most popular electronic items are in the US.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    Anti-gun rhetoric? I can definitely see that and have no doubt what their unsaid agenda is. However, I don't see where some think their list of the most popular firearms is all that far off.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    :rolleyes:

What a dumb article. They have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

I think it was an anti-gunners attempt to show that the most popular guns sold are the same guns used in high profile crimes. It's obvious that he/she knows nothing of guns. Even the data is worthless, coming from a single one month sample of GunBroker.

Oh, also there's this attempt to make the revolver seem scary to the uninformed:

For those who don't know, a revolver is a pistol with revolving chambers that allow multiple shots to be fired without reloading.

Last edited:

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Read the link. That's idiotic, not even reporting or a written article, just some nice google-images pics and the vaguest relationship of caliber or name trying to tie various guns to mass shootings and evil violent movies and video games.

Does that include the walked guns from Fast & Furious? :D

This report is as flawed as using a BBB report and an ebay search to determine what the most popular electronic items are in the US.

+1 You could just as easily call those the least favorite as they're being sold used. or highest profit margin. There are so many analogies that can be made about how ridiculous their measurement is.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    No AR's on the list and everyone around the globe knows that firearms purchased online are fully automatic and shipped to your home no questions asked. Clearly this article is a fraud!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I think it was an anti-gunners attempt to show that the most popular guns sold are the same guns used in high profile crimes. It's obvious that he/she knows nothing of guns. Even the data is worthless, coming from a single one month sample of GunBroker.

Oh, also there's this attempt to make the revolver seem scary to the uninformed:

"For those who don't know, a revolver is a pistol with revolving chambers that allow multiple shots to be fired without reloading"

Funnier still, the "journalist" can't even get her terminology right.
    Revolver = handgun
    Pistol = handgun
    Revolver != pistol

Top Bottom