• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    The other night I was goofing around on the web. I have been looking for some new grips for a 1911. In stores they were around $50.00 and they were not even what I was looking for. So I found a set on EBay for $14.00 including shipping. They arrived today and they were as advertised. Although I am not sure why a smoke shop would sell grips. But they came new in original packaging . What I wonder is where did they get them from. I had called the company that makes the Grips and was told they were not available.

They sure did make a difference on the way it looks though funny how grips can really change a 1911.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The other night I was goofing around on the web. I have been looking for some new grips for a 1911. In stores they were around $50.00 and they were not even what I was looking for. So I found a set on EBay for $14.00 including shipping. They arrived today and they were as advertised. Although I am not sure why a smoke shop would sell grips. But they came new in original packaging . What I wonder is where did they get them from. I had called the company that makes the Grips and was told they were not available.

They sure did make a difference on the way it looks though funny how grips can really change a 1911.

Absolutely. Especially if you change the thickness. I have some gorgeous thin VZ grips. Too bad it changes how it fits my hand, causing accuracy issues. (I started with the hogue overmolds with the finger grooves across the front)

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Absolutely. Especially if you change the thickness. I have some gorgeous thin VZ grips. Too bad it changes how it fits my hand, causing accuracy issues. (I started with the hogue overmolds with the finger grooves across the front)

A world of difference in the few sets I bought for my DW. Not only did it change the look, but most definitely changed the feel. With my smaller hands, the thinner grips not only changed the overall purchase of the gun, but actually helped with accuracy.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    A world of difference in the few sets I bought for my DW. Not only did it change the look, but most definitely changed the feel. With my smaller hands, the thinner grips not only changed the overall purchase of the gun, but actually helped with accuracy.

Exactly. Not everyone has the same size hand, so for some the thinner groups work better and for some the thicker grips. I put some inexpensive MagPul grips with a superscoop and my Sig TacOps 1911 now fits my hands much better, I'm more accurate with it and I can get to the mag release without shifting my grip as much as I had to with the stock grips. Plus I think they look better :)

Before

TacOps_zps7674e87f.jpg

After

Magpul%20Grips_zpskj5nrmpf.jpg

Here is a quick pic I took messing around with grips from one of my other 1911's, just to see how it changed the look:

VZ_zpsf686f149.jpg

New grips can definitely "make the gun".

Top Bottom