• ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I had a guy call me yesterday to ask what I charge for a transfer and I said $20, which I told him I believe is average. When I told him I heard that Gander Mountain charges $75 he said he just got off the phone with Dons Guns and they quoted him $100 for a transfer. Anyone know if that is true? Just curious who would pay that much so I can get them as my customer. I probably wouldn't want them in my neighborhood let alone my house. :):

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    WoW reason 100 not to goto Dons guns..... If you think this is bad you dont wanna know what the first 99 reasons are.

I feel bad for complaining about paying Bradis 35$

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Well, as you know he does not like to make money he just love's to sell guns. I had a guy come in to my shop yesterday and asked if I could do better than Don's on gun prices when we start selling them. I simply replied not a problem at all.

SigSense

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    Caveat Emptor is the saying. This newfangled interwebs thing will give you listings of pretty much all the FFL's in your area. Took me less than five minutes to find mine recently, the range of prices was between $15 to $75.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I know his prices are ridiculous but that is just outrageous! How in heck can they stay in business like that?

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I had a guy call me yesterday to ask what I charge for a transfer and I said $20, which I told him I believe is average. When I told him I heard that Gander Mountain charges $75 he said he just got off the phone with Dons Guns and they quoted him $100 for a transfer. Anyone know if that is true? Just curious who would pay that much so I can get them as my customer. I probably wouldn't want them in my neighborhood let alone my house. :):

If your FFL address is your house, you wouldn't want most of them to know "anything" about you, especially that you might have guns around.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I know his prices are ridiculous but that is just outrageous! How in heck can they stay in business like that?

he sells junk guns and hi-points. what he does is charge your card/take your cash and then run the background check. if you are blocked, he keeps 20%. i also imagine he makes a bit on layaways that get canceled.

they also prey on the first time buyers. i have a few friends who bought first from Don's, and then from PSS or Bradis.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Amen

If your FFL address is your house, you wouldn't want most of them to know "anything" about you, especially that you might have guns around.

True, that is why I am a non-stocking dealer. Also have a great alarm system with video recording of anyone who sets foot in my house. Most INGO members probably have more guns in their homes than I do in mine. :D I downsized last year getting rid of all the safe queens. Some INGO members are now the happy owners of those guns.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    That may be..... but federal pens are full of people who have committed federal offenses.

Gotta be cautious and prepared, just the same. ;-)

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Just called to confirm
    *Dials... Ring > Auto-Attendant.... Don's voice telling me about not giving prices over the phone, having the "best selection in America," and offering live bate
    *Ring
    Clerk: Good afternoon, Don's Guns
    Me: Hi, do you do FFL Transfers
    Clerk: Yup, we sure do
    Me: What's the cost to receive a gun?
    Clerk: We charge $100 to receive a gun
    Me: $100... wow... short laugh... have a good day
    *Click

If anyone wants some cheap entertainment call 317-297-4242

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    There was a shop in New Palestine that was called Dave's Gun Shop (or something like that). Well, he moved it to his home, which was off of St. Rd. 9, just south of Fountaintown. They used to charge $10 to do a transfer. Not only that, they would also ship your gun for you for a nominal fee if you didn't want the hassle and such. I am not sure if he is still in business or not, but if your in Hancock, Eastern Marion Co., or Shelby Co., might want to try to see if he is in the phone book.

pgw0321321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Camby, IN
    I wouldn't use don's for a transfer if it was free..... :twocents:

Same here.
    My wife asked me want I wanted for my birthday last year, I said a stainless judge.
    About a week later she pops up with a box, hands it to me with a big smile, and says Happy Birthday!
    I open the box, and it's a brand new stainless judge, I thank her and continue to check it out.
    I notice a little tag on the on the side of the box, DON'S GUNS :xmad:

Top Bottom