• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SwiftStorm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Kokomo
    Looking for a good IWB holster to wear all day. I have wonderful things from crossbread holsters. Any suggestions to carrying a sig 938 or 238?

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    The crossbreed hybrid style holster takes a little getting used to and it takes a few minutes to get it on but yes all day carry is easy as the breeze. I usually carry in an all kydex IWB but for long trips or all day carry the supertuck is hard to beat. You might be able to get by with the mini tuck for that small of a pistol.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Best is strictly a matter of opinion. You will find supporters who can make a good case for many different makers and models of holster. Crossbreed was the first to produce a hybrid leather/kydex holster, but there are many clones now as the style is very popular. Many like Crossbreed. I have two and have no problem recommending their Supertuck, although as noted above, the Minituck might be a better option for the 938.

Good timing- looks like they are having a sale through the 4th.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Theyre pretty good. I recommend the horsehide. Supposed to be a bit more comfortable than cowhide. I find mine to be a nice fit. I'm not the biggest fan of IWB due to my size but no complaints on the holster itself. When not using the crossbreed, I use the JIT slide.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    The best? It depends on what you like and how you like to carry. I carry a couple different ways, and this style of holster comes into play for me when I am wearing a tucked shirt.

Crossbreeds are nice, but the leather on mine over time became stiff and made a creaking noise when I walked. I have two other brands that have been much better and more comfortable, IMO. The first is a Flashbang Capone for my Glock 42. The leather is much more flexible and soft, and I sometimes forget i'm carrying it. I also have two Aliengear holsters and they also are more comfortable. The plastic belt clips, however, are not as nice as the ones on the Crossbreed or Flashbang. I believe you can get better clips with the Aliengear, but I'm not sure.

Of the three, the Flashbang is by far the best, for me. Even the stitching on it is super nice. The Aliengear is the best value, because you get two for a price close to the Flashbang. The Crossbreed was significantly more expensive.

For times I'm wearing a shirt out, I use a simple IWB kydex holster because it is easier to put on and remove without removing the gun, which increases safety. You can do that with the Crossbreed style holsters, but it is harder.

Hope this helps!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Agreed, "best" is a matter of opinion and a holster is a very personal item.

I've never been huge into the hybrid style holsters, they take up a lot of room, if you're carrying a larger gun I can see them working better to help blend the pistol and to cover more of your skin, but for a smaller pistol I think they're overkill.

I'm currently using a Blackpoint holster for my P290 (mini wing) and I've been very happy with it

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    My son has always carries his G23 in a crossbreed and loves it, I got one for my shield and want to love it but have never been able to warm up to it. It's a well built holster, the company is great but I cannot get past the break-in period or the size. I cannot find the sweet spot where it is comfortable in all situations without fiddling with it. Also, IMHO, feel it is too much holster for a sub compact like the shield or your sigs, I see no need to distribute the weight like it dose for such a light gun.

I have found something that I like very well, its super light and simplistic, fits the sub-compact size pistols very well, is easy to remove and adjust but stays put where you leave it and is inexpensive. Downside is the wait but it has zero break-in period.

PJ Holster LLC | Simple, Practical, Affordable Holsters.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I have an alien gear, but there is no comparison to the comfort hybrid holsters offer. Once it is positioned correctly, I forget I even have it on. It distributes the weight very well.

Depending on the brand you go with, make sure you get some good clips. I have drawn my holster with the pistol while using cheap clips.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Part of it will likely depend on body type, but I found the Crossbreed to be needlessly bulky (particularly for a smaller pistol). The bottom of the leather would dig into the top of my thigh when I sat down. The leather backing was too high and too near the grip to establish a proper grip on the draw stroke without scraping my nails along the leather. The leather hammer shield was also not reinforced, so over time it bent over requiring either flagging yourself on the reholster or using two hands to reholster. Finally, the metal clips could be rough on wooden chair backs and I scratched some furniture with it.

For a gun as small and light as those Sigs, I can think of several different IWB holster designs I'd go with first. Clinger holsters is inexpensive and offers an offset belt loop kydex holster is tuckable that will likely do everything you want on the lower end of the $ scale but still with good quality.

$20 for an "Atom" : https://clingerholsters.com/product/atom-clinger-holster/ with a lifetime warranty and a feature set for a lot more expensive offerings. I'd start there.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I own a crossbreed and to be honest all it does is sit. I found I am a way bigger fan of just a quality kydex holster. However, you may like it. I like BBI found it to be sometimes bulky and awkward when sitting. It does however have a great feel when walking and standing so long as you are using a good belt!

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    I am happy with my crossbreed supertuck holsters I have 2, one for my xds, and one for my 1911. Very comfortable. You must find what you like. :popcorn:

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    I love my Stealth Gear, I carry a G20 Glock IWB and often forget it's there. They aren't as cheap as some and I had to wait nearly a month for mine, but I feel they are worth it.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I may or may not have wore my Crossbreed Supertuck down to Kokomo today. For when I need to strictly CC it's great.

Top Bottom