• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    There is a new indoor range in the final stages of jumping through all the legal hoops in Clarksville. It will be called American Shooters, will have 12 lanes, 25 yds. 6 lanes will be Action targets AWD system, and 6 lanes will be more standard target trolleys. There will also be 3 classrooms.

We are on the docket for next Wednesday, August 3, Clarksville town hall, to get final approval from the Clarksville planning commission, after approval, we can get permits and break ground. It would be great to have some INGO members show up to support this. There were 12 of us at last nights board of zoning appeals meeting to support the project, and 3 people showed up to adress concerns they had about traffic and such. We did get our variances approved!

I will continue to update this thread as I know more details.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Off of Eastern blvd, on Bell Ave. down towards the end of Bell.

Or as I like to describe it's location...

"Conveniently located 300 yards due south of Falls City Firearms....":)

With Everything Concealed Carry going in 1/4 mile due east of me on Eastern Boulevard and you all going in a couple hundred yards dues south I like to think of myself as "The pioneering anchor of Clarksville's Iron Triangle...." (You know how humble I am Tommy...Even as a young man...:))

Clarksvile is getting all gunny....I am happy as a bloated tick!!!!

Spazstick87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    This is great news! I am glad we will have an indoor range in the area. Right now the one in Cresteood Kybis the closest and cleanest indoor range. Please keep us updated as it will be great to have an indoor range close by. Do you plan to offer training once you are up and running?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    This is great news! I am glad we will have an indoor range in the area. Right now the one in Cresteood Kybis the closest and cleanest indoor range. Please keep us updated as it will be great to have an indoor range close by. Do you plan to offer training once you are up and running?
    Yes! Training will be offered.

Spazstick87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    That's great to hear there will be training and hopefully we can have some legalize course too. Please keep us updated on your progress. Hopefully the local community doesn't give you too much resistance.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    That's great to hear there will be training and hopefully we can have some legalize course too. Please keep us updated on your progress. Hopefully the local community doesn't give you too much resistance.
    So far, the only concerns we've heard were about traffic, and those people didn't even live on the same street. They were legitimate concerns, that I would question myself if something was being developed in my neighborhood. That being said, we'd love to pack the town hall this Wednesday, so if you can make it, it would be greatly appreciated.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Good news. Not having to drive across the new toll bridges to go to an indoor range will be awesome! BTW, what is a AWD system?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Good news. Not having to drive across the new toll bridges to go to an indoor range will be awesome! BTW, what is a AWD system?

I think it's a wireless, chainless drive system (all wheel drive?) that propels targets quickly and allows for some programmed actions. I think that's what Open Range Sports in Crestwood KY uses.

Top Bottom