• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tom Threetoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Southwestern IN
    We took a trio of new rifles to the range today and we need to raise the comb on a couple of them. One is an AR 15 the other is a Ruger American. I've seen folks glue foam on stocks and I've seen elastic sleeves with foam under them used to get a better cheek weld. Any suggestions?

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Take a couple slices of foam (from pipe insulation or a pool noodle, cut about a inch wide and 6 long). Get some stuff called vet wrap. You can find it at Rural King or Orscheleins, 3M makes a really good variety if you can find it. Vet wrap is good because it sticks to itself but not really the rifle or you. Wrap it around the comb one time then add the appropriate amount of foam to fix your sight alignment, then keep wrapping the vet wrap until the foam is secured.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Check out: Mathews Fabrication LLC
    He makes an adjustable cheek riser that fits most rifle stocks. I just ordered on for my Savage 12FV.
    Will post a review once I receive it. $40 including shipping. He is also selling on Amazon.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    AR........if running a collapsible stock..............swap to Magpul and snap in a higher cheekriser (did a .5" on a CTR.............worked fine).
    On the Ruger American.............velcro and .080" Kydex.
    Works fine on my .35 rem TC carbine

0Hr6pMn.jpg

Top Bottom