Kim Rhode takes Bronze in Olympic skeet shooting using rifle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Olympic skeet shooting champion Kim Rhode took bronze in the Olympics. Unfortunately this is how the media describes it "Kim Rhode discharges shells from her rifle duing woman’s skeet qualifications." Rifle?...Really?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Olympic skeet shooting champion Kim Rhode took bronze in the Olympics. Unfortunately this is how the media describes it "Kim Rhode discharges shells from her rifle duing woman’s skeet qualifications." Rifle?...Really?

Shooting skeet with a rifle? One incredible shooter! I'd be lucky to hit it with a shotgun.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    ............. this is how the media describes it "Kim Rhode discharges shells from her rifle duing woman’s skeet qualifications."

I wouldn't have been surprised if they had called it her assault weapon!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have spoken several times over the years to Kim (and her father) They are really great people. I am really proud of her and her commitment to the shooting sports, the 2nd Amendment and the good of the Country. 1st class, all the way.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    “We should have the right to keep and bear arms, to protect ourselves and our family,” she said. “The second amendment was put in there not just so we can go shoot skeet or go shoot trap. It was put in so we could defend our first amendment, the freedom of speech, and also to defend ourselves against our own government.”

What a total patriot, using her time as an olympian to advocate for freedom. I respect this lady and am grateful to count her as a countryman, may her medals rest lightly upon her.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Several years back, Rhode was on her way home from the range and stopped at the grocery store. Some douche smashed the window on her truck and stole the two gun cases in it. One contained the Pirazzi shotgun she used for matches (probably a $20K gun). Rhode ain't getting rich doing this and couldn't afford a new one. The little town she lived in ran a story about it and locals took up a collection and bought her a $14K replacement Pirazzi. A year or so after that the thief was caught and the original competition gun was found under his bed. Rhode didn't go back to it, instead she used the one her neighbors helped her buy and won gold medals with it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Kim Rhode is awesome!

I'm surprised she did not win gold, but we should all be proud of her, her accomplishments, and how she represents all of us.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    She could make a decent living going on the international circuit, and compete against guys like George Digweed.

Digweed is amazing, and a real gentleman. Sporting is a vastly different sport than skeet. I worked the World Championship in 2009 and 2010. It was great to see the skills he displayed for the wins.

Last edited:

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Kim Rhode is a great story for Skeet shooting and shooting sports in general, if only the idiots broadcasting would put forth the effort to research the sport and not just ramble attaching names of world class sport shooters.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Kim Rhode is a great story for Skeet shooting and shooting sports in general, if only the idiots broadcasting would put forth the effort to research the sport and not just ramble attaching names of world class sport shooters.

She won the gold both first and last times women's double trap was a medal event. She's a bada**.

aspiringsnd

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    Westfield
    I had the pleasure of shooting against Rhode when we were both juniors -- the year after she won her first gold in Atlanta. She completely dominated the match -- and yet she was one of the kindest and most humble individuals there. She's a class-act and an amazing ambassador for gun owners throughout this country.

Ultimately, I didn't beat her shooting but I did win a game of cards against her.

I guess that means I beat an olympic champion? Or not.

Top Bottom