• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    I have a chance to buy this lot for $750 and, I am wanting some opinions on it. The items in the lot are>

Polish p64 Makarov 9mmx18 good shape 30 rounds
    German Steyr m95 8mm decent 20 rounds
    Remington 770 .308 like new 50 rounds
    Mosin Carbine m44 good shape 50 rounds
    Taurus 24/7 g2 .40 like new 300 rounds

Two gun cases one with broke latches, cleaning kit, and .308 bore sight..

so whats everybody thinking?

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If you can spare the money, it sounds like a winner. If you don't like everything in the package, sell about half of it, make a profit, and still have about half of the guns.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I dont know i think youd make a good profit if you were patient enough. Id think itd be hard to sell tke mak the mosin and the taurus quickly, but youll get what you want out of em if you wait it out. the remington would probably sell. And you got a little money in ammo. If you have the cash to spare i say write the check

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    Easily over $1000 in guns.

When I'm doing gun deals I try to shy away from accessories and even ammo (unless bulk, sealed new production, or collectible) because you seldom get a good return on those items. When you get a box or two of an obscure caliber it's likely you'll either shoot it - and then be out of ammo - or sell it right along with the gun. Count only the firearms themselves and you'll be in good shape. I know ammo isn't cheap but a couple boxes of "who knows where it came from" shouldn't sway your investment. Same goes with that whiz bang accessory or holster that your next buyer may or may not like. Everyone has a "parts bin" of items they've taken off or got in trade and didn't like. And who doesn't own at least one case with broken latches?

As Dave said, this one looks like a winner. You could keep a few, sell a few, donate the parts + accessories and you'll still come out ahead.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    I even thought about splitting it with my buddy at 375 a piece, but maybe want it all for myself lol not sure yet i know im getting them this coming weekend. whats up with that Taurus 24/7 g2 any good not really finding good reviews on it anywhere

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    The g2 is supposed to be better than the others. They're cheap little pocket guns. Nothing spectacular though people seem to like them and they're priced right. Personally, I'd sell that one as soon as I got it. I'm not a .40 guy and it's not a gun I'd carry nor is it fun to shoot at the range. Plus, it'd be an easy sell and help you recoup $225 immediately. Carry it around the show for $250, sell it to the first homeboy that aks to coonfinger it.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Is it a forbidden word? or just not enough weapons in this small lot

Every time some knucklehead does something stupid with a gun and they find out he has more than one gun in his home, the media refers to it as an arsenal. To most of us, an arsenal looks more like that scene in The Matrix where they are choosing which weapons to take.

If those guns aren't a rusted lump of neglect, I'd think it's a good investment.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    Every time some knucklehead does something stupid with a gun and they find out he has more than one gun in his home, the media refers to it as an arsenal. To most of us, an arsenal looks more like that scene in The Matrix where they are choosing which weapons to take.

If those guns aren't a rusted lump of neglect, I'd think it's a good investment.

LMAO I gotcha makes since now lol. yeah I agree the matrix that was an arsenal.

and you all making some good points...let me see if i can find a few pictures he sent me, cancel that not letting me add picture right now for some reason

Last edited:

Mikuhl

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    Indy
    I don't have anything in any of those calibers. I would be spending way more than $750 buying ammo lol.

I would jump on it too and sell the Taurus because I'm not a .40 fan.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    The Mosin being an M44 Carbine should sell pretty quick, demand is higher on Carbine mosins than the 91/30.
    Makarovs are somewhat popular too.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    I don't have anything in any of those calibers. I would be spending way more than $750 buying ammo lol.

I would jump on it too and sell the Taurus because I'm not a .40 fan.

Yeah I know what you mean right lol...and everybody seems to dislike the taurus .40, Im looking forward to picking it all up and seeing what happens

22/45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Around the loop
    If you were to buy to resell you'd need an FFL...but hypothetically if you bought them and decided you really didn't want them and just happened to sell for what they're actually worth....:whistle:

Good deal it sounds to me.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    If you were to buy to resell you'd need an FFL...but hypothetically if you bought them and decided you really didn't want them and just happened to sell for what they're actually worth....:whistle:

Good deal it sounds to me.

Its not illegal to make a profit selling guns. It is illegal to make your living selling guns without a FFL. I don't think he's gonna buy a new house with the proceeds.

Top Bottom