Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Stolen guns

  1. #1

    Stolen guns

    BOLO | Captain of a Crew of One This is from a friend near Norfolk VA so his guns probably won't turn up around here, but who knows?
    A lesson to be learned is that those "gym locker" gun cabinets don't get the job done

  2. #2
    one happy gunner happygunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    4 Seasons
    Posts
    2,688
    He doesn't any home security alarm at all?

  3. #3
    Grandmaster Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Could be anywhere
    Posts
    5,043
    That su*ks. I had the same thing happen with weapons my parents were keeping when I was stationed in Germany. My dad had the same thing happen when he was in Korea. Thieves su*k and I wish them all a slow and painful death. I don't care what their story is, how much they 'needed' it, I just want them to die.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

  4. #4
    Expert Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis - NW side
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by happygunner View Post
    He doesn't any home security alarm at all?
    What did she expect, going out dressed like that?

    Come on, victim blaming is BS and we shouldn't engage in it. Plus, given the massive number of false alarms police get, in a lot of places, they don't even bother doing much of a concerted investigation of an alarm going off anyway.

    Sure he didn't have an alarm, but those aren't always effective. He did have his guns locked up. The sad lesson he really had to learn is that you need to have everything documented, including pictures and serial numbers in case you are targeted. I learned this the hard way. Luckily for me, it only cost me a single firearm and a mp3 player. But now I make absolutely sure I have everything documents and back up that documentations electronically online so I can't lose it in a fire or some other disaster.

    But, this wasn't his fault. It was the fault of the scumbag thieves who broke into his house.
    Minimum Government, Maximum Freedom.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    That su*ks. I had the same thing happen with weapons my parents were keeping when I was stationed in Germany. My dad had the same thing happen when he was in Korea. Thieves su*k and I wish them all a slow and painful death. I don't care what their story is, how much they 'needed' it, I just want them to die.
    Hopefully they'll try to shoot the wall-hangers

  6. #6
    Sorry for his loss. He was on vacation and someone stole his guns, even the antique ones. Makes me believe it was someone who knew him and wanted his collection. Just a guess on my part.

  7. #7
    Illinois is having a rash of smash and enter gun stores.
    but as the mayor of chicago will tell it.
    it has to be Indiana supplying all of their problem with guns.

  8. #8
    INGO Homebrewer JettaKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    10,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Jones 5 2002 View Post
    Illinois is having a rash of smash and enter gun stores.
    but as the mayor of chicago will tell it.
    it has to be Indiana supplying all of their problem with guns.
    Why do all your post read like haiku or Burma Shave road signs?

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Expert Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis - NW side
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    Why do all your post read like haiku or Burma Shave road signs?
    He's a poet and he doesn't know it.

    Minimum Government, Maximum Freedom.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •