• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I needed to replace two flashlights.
    I have not had the time to go to any gun shows.
    Well I kept seeing the adds on TV for the "Bell + Howell Taclight".
    I called the 800#.
    It was answered by machine. The machine knew everything about me, by my telephone number.
    It stated that the first light is $19.95. I could order the second for $10.00 more. Free shipping.
    I placed the order.
    Then the machine asked if I wanted to upgrade to the high brightest light (as described on the TV Commercial) that will be $20.00 each more.
    I declined.
    Then it asked if I wanted to upgrade to the medium brightest for $10.00 more each.
    I declined.
    Then it asked if I wanted to order a carrying case for $6.00 more each.
    That I got fed-up and wanted to cancel the order.
    The machine is not programed to cancel the order.
    It kept attempted to sell me more and more.
    I kept pressing "0".
    Finally it gave me a 877 415 4824 customer ass.
    Well C. A. is only open 08:00 to 20:00 Eastern.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I love the "elite tactical military grade flashlight" that is all over the net. (including what looks like a pic of somebody using a 1m cp spotlight) All those descriptors and its only $20. bull :poop:

Or the ultra bright Cree C5 that they show some guy shining across a 200 yard open field against a 3 story run down brick building. That beam and the square spot on the building looks INCREDIBLY bright. (thanks to extra long shutter time on the camera) When you get them they cant light up your minibarn across your back yard that bright. Luckilly They are only $5 each. I still like those for everyday around the house lights.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I thought I saw the advertised lights at WM as I was checking out.................but your not alone in spirit. I bought and returned the instant plastic repair under ultraviolet light, that didn't work for $#!+, and the stick anywhere LED security light that wouldn't light up a postage stamp two inches from the base if needed.However the wife got a big instant pressure cooker that makes miracle dinners, we have yet to try.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Right now, my favorite light for general around the house use is a Mag-Lite XL50. It uses AAA batteries and is bright enough to light things up 75 yards away. I've been using it for about 3 years, so it seems to be durable enough for around the house use and for when I go for walks at night or in the morning.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I thought I saw the advertised lights at WM as I was checking out.................but your not alone in spirit. I bought and returned the instant plastic repair under ultraviolet light, that didn't work for $#!+, and the stick anywhere LED security light that wouldn't light up a postage stamp two inches from the base if needed.However the wife got a big instant pressure cooker that makes miracle dinners, we have yet to try.

We had been looking at the instant pressure cookers.... would appreciate a review on yours when you get around to using it.

Since you already spent the money and all....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    i just got off the phone to 877 415 4824 customer Service.
    After less than a minute I talked to Jamelle.
    I canceled the order.
    She offered me a $5.00 discount.
    I refused and she canceled the order.

I remember one of the extra items offered for the Taclight. It was a battery for $5.99 each.
    What is so special about the battery.
    I can buy 20 "aaa or aa" Duracells for about $10.00 at Menard's

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I tried so many Solar powered lights.
    100% failed in one way or another.
    In the winter. they do not get enough sun to make it past 22:00 hrs.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    "There's a sucker born every minute" is usually attributed to P.T. Barnum but that's never been verified. I prefer to credit TV ad writers.

PS. Phil Swift ain't lying about Flex Seal...........well, maybe that airboat thing. Those watermelon slicers work very well, too. I just gave away about 100 of them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    One of the best small flashlights are the ones Harbor Freight gives away for free!

I had several from H. F.. they all fell apart.
    The best was free from Menard.
    They are Rugged and bright.
    I just do not like the battery module, three "AAA" in a module.
    The contacts corrode making the flashlight useless.
    I got two different types.
    A large one with 14 LEDs using the 3 AAA batteries.
    The smaller ones with 1 LED and uses 1 AA.
    The smaller one is a lot brighter.
    Menard's also gave away 12 LED lanterns.

The problem is the 3 AAA did corrode.
    I have them placed around my house for emergency access/use.
    I was looking to replace them with the ones that pulse also.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    OP: Look into Fenix flashlights. You'll not be disappointed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^QFT^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This $20 keychain light will do more for you than an old school Mini Maglight ever could.
    https://www.amazon.com/Fenix-KeyCha...9_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=447GWNBGV0NMCFH33MVT

Look at the Fenix store and find one that fits your budget, lighting needs, desired battery, etc. Many options.
    Fenix-Store | Fenix Flashlights and accessories

I have several at home and have given several as gifts.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Phil Swift ain't lying about Flex Seal...........

When I was still doing large-format photography, I had a few occasions where I had to replace the bellows on the camera. Those suckers are expensive, given demand is so low. Made a few of my own - just ordinary black cloth you'd get from Hobby Lobby, cardboard, and glue. Still had some light leaks between the cardboard segments, so I sprayed the exterior with Flex Seal. Worked like a charm, stopped all the light leaks and my bellows were also waterproof!

Also used it on a Shure SM58 mic. The body was a bit rough, so sanded it and sprayed it with Flex Seal. Now a nice, deep black, and the rubber provides for a much better grip than the previous smooth finish.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I've had good success with Battery Junction both for lights, batteries and chargers.
    Not all of of the products are great, but if they've got what you're looking for it will be a pleasant experience.

EDIT
    Oh, and having worked as a sys admin for As Seen on TV marketers, very few products are worth whatever they're selling for (some really are decent). But NEVER take the upsells. That 'FREE' shipping they offered on the 2nd one? Yeah, but there's an extra $10 'handling' fee for each item... That whole process is designed to bilk you of your ducats as efficiently as possible. There's a huge upsell tree

Last edited:
    Top Bottom