• ...and so much more!
  • HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    Hello,
    I work at a company that has put together a safety team I am a part of. We help organize and communicate for tornadoes, fire drills, AED, and CPR certified.
    We are wanting to try to convince the company leadership (privately owned) that we would like to have the people on the safety team (if not everyone with LTC) should be allowed to carry concealed at the office.
    I would like to find some hard data on companies that have tried this, incidences of where disaster was diverted, or statistics showing letting employees carry does not result in mass murder.
    Does anyone have any studies or articles you can point me to? Eventually I will be presenting a case to the corporate leadership and I need more than just my feelings on the matter.

Thank you INGO

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    How about these that show concealed carry license holders are less than 1/6 as likely to commit crimes than. . . wait for it. . . police officers.

So the argument might go, if you're not concerned with police officers carrying guns, why are you concerned about LTCH holders?

Gun Owners Least Likely Criminals, Report Finds

New Study: Over 14.5 million concealed handgun permits, last year saw the largest increase ever in the number of permits - Crime Prevention Research CenterCrime Prevention Research Center

You could also point out that Indiana has the highest rate of concealed handgun licensure at around 15%, and of course we're the most violent state too - no wait, we're NOT!

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Hello,
    I work at a company that has put together a safety team I am a part of. We help organize and communicate for tornadoes, fire drills, AED, and CPR certified.
    We are wanting to try to convince the company leadership (privately owned) that we would like to have the people on the safety team (if not everyone with LTC) should be allowed to carry concealed at the office.
    I would like to find some hard data on companies that have tried this, incidences of where disaster was diverted, or statistics showing letting employees carry does not result in mass murder.
    Does anyone have any studies or articles you can point me to? Eventually I will be presenting a case to the corporate leadership and I need more than just my feelings on the matter.

Thank you INGO

JMHO, but USUALLY, corporate Lawyers, and Insurance regulations, prevent this .....

Top Bottom