• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I don't know why I find this interesting. Nothing bad. No heated arguments, nothing of the sort. My girlfriend and I were just coming out of the range today and as usual, I started browsing. I noticed that a guy and his two sons or one of them was his son and a friend, I don't know. Anyways, the guy had no knowledge whatsoever about firearms. I know this because the store clerk placed a P90 down on the counter and the guy asked if it was a type used in WWII.

Anyways, the guy asked what guns were in Call of Duty World at War. Obviously, the kids were interested because of the game. Well, the employee and I both started talking about what a cool game it was and I mentioned the Garand and the PPSH. Anyways, we told the kids how we liked the game and killing Nazi Zombies, etc.

I suppose my point is that the father, while having ZERO firearms knowledge, apparently did not have a problem taking the kids into the gun store to let them look. And, the Blythes employees had no problem helping out and being nice to the guy and the kids. It just made me laugh and smile a bit.

The father could have said, "Hell no! You are not going in there to look at that stuff!" But, he didn't. He addressed the kids curiousity in a good way, despite what his own comfort level may have been.

This doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. But, I suppose I look forward to the day when I have children and do stuff like that with them.

Last edited:

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I remember my Grandma taking me down to axis and allies in bloomington many years ago. I miss that place. Her too...

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    That is a great story. Maybe he took the "mystery" out of firearms and they won't shoot eachother now. Hopefully blythe's turned a few people into soon-to-be INGO members. Er, I mean gun owners!

Top Bottom