• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I know 2 people that got denied at RK today. One person hasn't purchased a gun before, the other has a clean record and hasn't been denied before. Just curious if it's just a RK, maybe just too busy, or what?

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I bought a gun Wednesday with no issues. The dealer used the online system and it went through surprisingly fast.

I am guessing high volume is causing delays today because of Black Friday but I am no authority on the matter. I do know that providing your SSN greatly reduces the chances of being denied providing you have a clean record of course.

POB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    My daughter said denied, and then she went to local gun shop and it was fine.

Was she denied or delayed? I thought once you were denied it goes in the system and then it's over until you jump through the hoops. I had to send fingerprints in to the FBI and get a "special" number that I now use for every store purchase.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Was she denied or delayed? I thought once you were denied it goes in the system and then it's over until you jump through the hoops. I had to send fingerprints in to the FBI and get a "special" number that I now use for every store purchase.

That is what i thought, too. She said RK told her it was denied. Maybe the employee didn't know what they were talking about. She was kinda freaked out, already looking into appealing. I would be, too.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I got turned down by the FBI for a UPN because they said they fixed the problem. I still get delayed every freaking time. It gets kicked up to an inspector and I have to wait it out. By that time, I am pretty jaded. Maybe that is what they want?

Romero Zombie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Greenwood
    I got denied Monday on a 4473 for a silencer. I have had a couple of delays over the years but never a deny. Waiting on my letter telling me why. Really sucks as I also just bought 2 INGO lowers and have already built one upper.

POB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    I got denied Monday on a 4473 for a silencer. I have had a couple of delays over the years but never a deny. Waiting on my letter telling me why. Really sucks as I also just bought 2 INGO lowers and have already built one upper.

Just proceed to getting fingerprinted and get ready to send them in to the FBI for your UPIN. Their letter will most likely say your name matches someone that has a criminal history, bla bla bla. In the end this is what you will have to do and waiting for that letter is just a waste of time.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Just be aware that UPIN processing time is about 9-12 months. I had a name and immigration status change and I called the NICS division and that was the information I was given 2 months ago.

Would INGO lawyers answer this question for me:

Is it true of false, if someone is denied by the NICS, even erroneously , this person becomes NOT a proper person until the appeal is granted. or say don't get caught of in possession of a gun.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    So the background check is denying responsible citizens, and meanwhile, criminals are buying/stealing guns? Something is wrong here...can't quite place my finger on it. :soapbox:

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I don't know what's going on.......I have a federal security clearance , and sometimes it's a " hmm that's odd" and other times it's a automatic hold......what gives???? oh I know......liberal president and his executive orders , or something like that

Aaron

POB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    Just be aware that UPIN processing time is about 9-12 months. I had a name and immigration status change and I called the NICS division and that was the information I was given 2 months ago.

Would INGO lawyers answer this question for me:

Is it true of false, if someone is denied by the NICS, even erroneously , this person becomes NOT a proper person until the appeal is granted. or say don't get caught of in possession of a gun.

I'm not a lawyer but I wouldn't think so. If so I did a no no. Also my UPIN took probably 2-3 months

ars

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    Zionsville
    If I were to be denied by erroneously, I would contact my Congressmen in both the House of Representatives and Senate. I would follow that up by contacting my State Rep and State Congressmen. The only way to put pressure on defunk government programs is to involve those that represent you. My experience is they will work with you on these issues to help solve the problem.

Top Bottom