• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I was at Bass pro shop early in the 5 am hour.
    I went up to the firearm counter.
    As i walked to the firearm counter.
    I also was handed 2 cartons of 22LR price unknown.
    the last time they handed out 22s. it was a good price.

I needed a number, (45).
    I got called, I wanted the advertised 1911 compact 9mm & 380 for $500._+.
    All the had left was one in 380. I passed, I wanted the 9mm. OH WELL!
    I turned to face a end-cap with 9mm ammo.
    On the top shelf was 2 boxes of American Eagle. below was a lot of UMC.
    on each side of Every shelf had a tag stating a price of $8.99 .
    I picked up the last two boxes of American Eagle and 3 boxes of UMC.
    That is all I wanted. I checked out.
    I got home. I caught up on the sleep I missed.
    I checked the Ammo. then I read the sales slip.
    The price of every box of 9mm was $15,00+-.
    I went back to bass Pro in the 4pm hour.
    I went back up to the end-cap.
    The $8.99 tags was still hanging on SOME of the shelf.
    I took out my sales receipt. I went down to the Customer Service counter.
    She read my receipt and made a call.
    She said the sold price was correct.
    I went back up and took pictures of the end-cap.
    I also took one of the sale tag.
    I am going to sent in a complaint to the Att. General's office.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good luck. Always check your receipt on the way out the door. And it can lead to unintended (good) consequences. I went to Meijer and after I checked out it didnt feel right. Seemed like I spent too much $$. So I slowly walked to the door inspecting the receipt. Just as I decided it was all good I heard from behind me "sir... SIR...) I turned around to see the customer behind me in line walking quickly toward me with a bag in his hand. Cashier tried to give him the last bag on the carousel that I missed. He realized I left it behind and chased after me.

At least before you left the building you would have had a chance for a refund/correction since everybody is "final" on all ammo sales. And if the system wouldnt have let you do a return, I'm sure they could have made good with a gift card.

Good luck, but I doubt the AG will really care. Bigger fish to fry.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Didn't you think something was wrong when you checked out? I always add stuff up in my head and watch prices as items are rung up.

it took me 20 minutes waiting for a shopping cart.
    I spent about an hour waiting at the gun counter.
    I spent about 45 min in line to check out.

One of the employees was standing by a portable rack.
    He was handing two boxes to anyone who passed.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    AG will likely not help. Your best bet is to email the main office from their website and include the pics. Worst case scenario you spend some time typing it up and they do nothing. Best case they send you a gift card or something. My ex-wife and I did this a couple of time at restaurants who had horrible service and scored free meals for our troubles. YMMV. Good luck.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Maybe another customer placed the Ammo on the wrong Shelf, there were only 2 boxes of it. What did the shelf tag say? I've taken the shelf tag to Customer Service before to prove my Point.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One thing I've started doing. When I see something on a shelf with a sale sticker and no price marked on the item itself, I snap a photo of the sticker and the item with my phone.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Just another reason Cabela's is very, very low on my places to go. Have only been there twice since the "baby" one opened on I69 and the second time was only because my daughter was getting a pocket knife for her boyfriend's birthday. I tried to talk her out of there but to no avail. Selection wasn't what I would expect from them, but my wife did find a pretty good deal on a nice Jacket (she always finds good deals).
    Nope won't be going there any time soon.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just another reason Cabela's is very, very low on my places to go. Have only been there twice since the "baby" one opened on I69 and the second time was only because my daughter was getting a pocket knife for her boyfriend's birthday. I tried to talk her out of there but to no avail. Selection wasn't what I would expect from them, but my wife did find a pretty good deal on a nice Jacket (she always finds good deals).
    Nope won't be going there any time soon.

Except that it was Bass Pro. Technically. For now.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Did she offer to refund your purchase? Did you push it up to the store manager, the regional manager, someone at corperate? Threatening to go to the Attorney General seems a little extreme and makes me wonder if you are taking this too far. Why didn't you pay attention to the prices when she was ringing you up? How about posting the picture? Do you think this was a result of several innocent mistakes or a plot to rip people off?

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Did she offer to refund your purchase? Did you push it up to the store manager, the regional manager, someone at corperate? Threatening to go to the Attorney General seems a little extreme and makes me wonder if you are taking this too far. Why didn't you pay attention to the prices when she was ringing you up? How about posting the picture? Do you think this was a result of several innocent mistakes or a plot to rip people off?

It's an ammo purchase. They're not refunding that.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    One thing I've started doing. When I see something on a shelf with a sale sticker and no price marked on the item itself, I snap a photo of the sticker and the item with my phone.

I did this successfully with a food processor. Inlaws bought a decent one for $35. I could get behind that price. We went to our store, found it. Compared the skus on the $35 shelf tag and it was the same. took a pic just in case. Sure enough, it rang up for almost $50. (didnt catch it until looking at the receipt)

Took it to the customer service desk and showed them the shelf tag. Instantly refunded the difference.

Last edited:

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Liability. The open boxes at gun shops are usually as a result of people taking a round out, looking it over and then misplacing it in their pockets. I'm not aware of any gun store that takes returns on ammo.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Good luck, but I doubt the AG will really care. Bigger fish to fry.

You would be surprised. I actually got the AG to help with a $5 rebate from tax software that I have purchased every year and never had trouble with the rebate until this year. It seems this year the rebate process was being handled by a different outsourced contract company. After several months of not getting my rebate after my submission showed validated online, I provided pdfs of all the emails I had sent and been promised that it would be 5 - 7 days and I would receive my rebate every time for months, along with the original submission, to the AG through their website. I got a case number, and eventually received my $5 rebate directly from the tax software company as opposed to the outsourced company, and I got a formal response from the AG, and the AG provided me the company's response to the case.

I was just fed up as I knew I wasn't the only one that was getting this treatment, and submitted it to the AG. The above sounds complicated but it really only took me a couple of minutes to submit to the AG online, and it was the principle of it. I took the outcome as a victory and was worth much more to me than the $5.

I do this all the time. It just saves me having to wait for a price check, etc.

I did this successfully with a food processor. Inlaws bought a decent one for $35. I could get behind that price. We went to our store, found it. Compared the skus on the $35 shelf tag and it was the same. took a pic just in case. Sure enough, it rang up for almost $50. (didnt catch it until looking at the receipt)

Took it to the customer service desk and showed them the shelf tag. Instantly refunded the difference.

Agreed, and in this case I don't see how Bass Pro would deny the price correction if the price on the sale sign was for the ammo he purchased. I would not have walked out of there without resolution, however, I would not have walked out paying double for the ammo in the first place.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I think it was totally deceptive fraud.
    They took advantage of the sales hype.

let me ask you, What would they do to you If they found you changing the price tag?

Top Bottom