• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Just a heads up to members and prospective members.

Membership will be capped and shut off at the end of 2016. If you want to join, do it before then.

If you are a member and about to expire, renew before then.

Once you expire after 1- 1 -2017, you go to the back of the waiting list to get back in.

When renewing, please voice your displeasure regarding the "training range" being closed and no effort made to correct the issue. I know it has pizzed me off, and I can't be the only one.

Any other ingo members shoot here?

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I was a member many years ago when they were pretty small. I think I payed $15 a year and could go at any time and never see another soul. Wish I lived closer,I'd become a member again.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013

Membership will be capped and shut off at the end of 2016. If you want to join, do it before then.

Once you expire after 1- 1 -2017, you go to the back of the waiting list to get back in.

When renewing, please voice your displeasure regarding the "training range" being closed and no effort made to correct the issue. I know it has pizzed me off, and I can't be the only one.

I'm just glad there is one I can go without driving an hour each way and steel targets are allowed.

I have no interests in the million dollar 25-yard indoor ranges.

I don't think limiting the number of guests to 1 is a bad thing based on my last few range sessions.

My isn't due till April, I normally deal with Joe personally.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I shoot there a lot during the winter and don't see anyone around on Sunday morning. During the summer it's more crowded but the archery area is never busy. I remember hearing about the training area shutting down. What exactly happened and why won't it reopen?

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    probably prioritize the funding towards other stuff. They just replaced the 25/50 range coverings to steel, much better than the old wood shed.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

I shoot there sometimes, and i go most meetings and yes membership will be cut off as of Jan 1st, membership is around 640+ now and rising. It will be cut off until it drops to 550 and then it will be reassessed on opening it up or dropping it down farther. And yes if you dont renew on time you will have to wait until membership is open to apply again.
    We now have a new roof at the 50 - 75 yr range and all new benches in the spring for that range.
    We could have concrete under the new roof if enough members would show up at the meetings and vote and stop letting a few old members control everything that happens there.
    On the back range.
    A member was shooting at the 7 yd pistol range during the last Appleseed weekend and a old pistol bullet from the berm was flipped over the berm and landed on a Appleseed shooters mat. The pistol range was down for the day until the Appleseed event was over. After that Joe closed down the back range and all classes and Appleseeds until corrections can be done, like move that range.
    The member that started Appleseed at Elwood is beside himself over shutting it down.
    I would suggest if you are unhappy you and others should show up at the meetings. First Thursday of the month, dinner at 5, meetings start at 6.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Update. at the next meeting putting concrete under the new roof on the 50 -75 yard range will be brought up again. If any members want this improvement please come to the Jan meeting. First Thursday of the month, dinner at 5. Meeting at 6:00

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Put in a call to Joe today to get signed up before the January 1 deadline.

Hopefully he isn't out of town and we can make this happen! :popcorn:

And hopefully the pre-meeting steaks are still as good as they used to be back in the day!

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I guess I need to get to a meeting. Steaks? Really?

Back in the day, they used to refer to it as "steak night".

I paid $5 for two steaks and a baked potato, which were prepared in the kitchen. There were maybe eight guys there and I had to be the only one under 55. And the only one who had never been to a meeting before. Everyone was really nice and treated me like one of the guys. Not sure what the dinners are like now!

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

Excellent.
    Dinners change every month, cook your own steak nights are usually in the warm month's. Yes the old men still dominate most meetings, but if enough younger members show up we can get some good things going there.
    First Thursday of the month. Dinner at 5 meeting at 6, be there. :):

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    About five years ago, I set up an INGO group "Elwood Conservation Club". Just invited anyone on this thread that says they are a member to join. Hasn't been a post to it since 2012, so maybe we can get it going again!

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Might have to try and make the January meeting. I would really like to see the training range opened back up.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Started the new year with a BANG!

The weather is too nice to pass on this afternoon. Went there with a buddy of mine spent an hour and half to chill.

Sighted in 2 scopes and new set of irons on my rifles.

Good times.

Top Bottom