• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    This is why I use INGO for all my used gun purchases and only deal with people with plenty of good feedback. Makes it a lot less likely there will be problems than just dealing with some random stranger from CL or AL or any of the other sites.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I always carry to any deal , plus when it comes to buying / selling guns, I do that on the street right behind the federal court house , there is lots of cameras and an armed guard up on top of the parking lot, not to likely that a bad guy will get far should something go wrong

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It happened at 46th and Arlington. I'm surprised police weren't already on the scene.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I can't help but visualize that scene from Lethal Weapon when Mel Gibson counted out the money and did the 3 stooges thing.

When you meet at shady places they are usually shady deals

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I am most definitely nervous at a gun sale. I took my daughter(wife was busy somewhere else) to my first online one(met in McDonald's parking lot). I had my hand hovering close to my gun the whole time. Spidy senses were tingling. After that I just make sure its a very public place.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I guess at least all the prospective seller lost was his gun, and not his life.
    Another very good reason to deal with fellow INGOers. I would not have fired at someone stealing my property, yes it would suck, but much more economical than court costs, attorney fees and doing time had he shot and killed the thief.

Last edited:

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    Sounds like this guy did all the wrong things.
    Buyer: Lets meet after dark in one of the meanest areas in town;
    Seller: OK that sounds real smart. Should I come by myself? DUHHH:rolleyes:

Last edited:

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    This is also the only reason I deal on INGO and to be honest I have had one or two deals on here that I just let go by the wayside because it just didn't FEEL right!

I am always carrying and my deals are no different. ALWAYS meet during the day in a crowded place. I also pay attention to my instincts!....they were given to us for a reason it is just over the years we have forgotten to listen to them!

I am sure this guy was sitting there waiting for the other guy to show up saying "Oh...this was a dumb idea"....that's when you leave! more importantly don't let it get to that point in the first place!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I think the consensus has the bases covered. Don't be stupid and put yourself in danger, know who you're dealing with as much as possible, carry.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Like Jesse Stone says, use your cop-ly intuition. You can also use your common sense. Unfortunately common sense isn't that common.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I am just jumping in here, INGO doesnt do background checks on members,some bad guys at some point might try to use site for wrong purpose, we just have to be aware and cautious at a meeting, but we dont need to be paranoid,I did a sales and buying guys were all respectful and great to talk to,bringing a friend is a good idea and so is bringing a gun, just in case,in case you were wondering I didnt get a deer YET, been out a lot too.If anyone has a 10 point buck on their property that they can give up, please let me know. THANK YOU and MERRY CHRISTMAS

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Sounds like this guy is a moron.
    Buyer: Lets meet after dark in one of the meanest areas in town;
    Seller: OK that sounds real smart. Should I come by myself? DUHHH:rolleyes:

QFT

moron.jpg

(not you, the guy in the story)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am just jumping in here, INGO doesnt do background checks on members,some bad guys at some point might try to use site for wrong purpose, we just have to be aware and cautious at a meeting, but we dont need to be paranoid,I did a sales and buying guys were all respectful and great to talk to,bringing a friend is a good idea and so is bringing a gun, just in case,in case you were wondering I didnt get a deer YET, been out a lot too.If anyone has a 10 point buck on their property that they can give up, please let me know. THANK YOU and MERRY CHRISTMAS

This is why a lot of INGOers will not deal with folk who only post in the classifieds and are not contributing members.

Top Bottom