• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    It's not their car...

Right? I mean, aren't these the same aholes who went to court to establish that they "aren't an employer?" All right, then why are you trying to act like one?

It's like when the Obama Administration argued their Obamacare penalties were "fines not taxes" when campaigning to the public, then turned around and said they were "taxes not fines" when arguing in court for the right to force citizens to purchase a service.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    It's not their car...

But you are their employee (of sorts), or a customer using their service. It is not illegal to carry while you are driving/riding with Uber, you just run the risk of not being able to participate in their service if you are caught. Everybody will have to judge if that is an acceptable risk for them to take or not.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Why is this in the general firearms section?

Underlined section of the OP details it is now against the rules for passengers to carry in an Uber car. I wondered the same thing you did when I saw the title.

Can't hold hands with your wife, either.

What does that have to do with firearms?

Well, the new passenger rules also,"forbid anyone from carrying a gun in a car, regardless of state laws."

Uber says you can't flirt in its cars - Autoblog

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    But you are their employee (of sorts), or a customer using their service. It is not illegal to carry while you are driving/riding with Uber, you just run the risk of not being able to participate in their service if you are caught. Everybody will have to judge if that is an acceptable risk for them to take or not.

Uber has already made the statement, that the drivers are NOT employees.
    They can't have it both ways.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Uber has already made the statement, that the drivers are NOT employees.
    They can't have it both ways.

I was wrong to say employee. As the ride giver you are using their service. Their app, their advertising, etc. They get to set the rules as to who can use their service. It may be unfortunate but as it pertains to this, they can have it both ways.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This a real relief. Every time I ride in an Uber, the drivers (male or female I should add) are just embarrassing with their light touches, sultry looks...

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Copy/paste from Uber's website (note the fine print). Carry on, riders and drivers:

Uber Firearms Prohibition Policy

Our goal is to ensure that everyone has a safe and reliable ride. That's why Uber prohibits riders and drivers from carrying firearms of any kind in a vehicle while using our app.*
    Anyone who violates this policy may lose access to Uber.

* To the extent permitted by applicable law.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Mostly clickbait. (at least the rules the vast majority cares about)

The way I read the rules the non-firearms brouhaha isnt about passenger to passenger behavior. Its to keep smarmy passengers from harassing drivers, not two passengers in the back seat having fun.

Flirting with your date/wife? OK.
    Flirting with the college cutie that is taking you to the airport? Thats a banning.

Edit: A normal headline with journalistic integrity would read "Uber says you cant flirt with its drivers". But that wouldnt generate NEAR the clicks, would it?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom