The Gun Industry and Hollywood's lucrative arrangement.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I wonder if Lucas ever wished he'd used recognizable 20th century hardware in Star Wars. Might've been an opportunity missed.

Of course, he made out pretty well in the end. :)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Back in the 80s I remember the first appearance of the 357 DE on a show named " The Equalizer". I was surprised to see the star, Edward Woodward if I remember correctly, easily tuck this huge piece of iron is his pants. Later in the show it killed bad guys like a death ray.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I wonder if Lucas ever wished he'd used recognizable 20th century hardware in Star Wars. Might've been an opportunity missed.

I'm assuming this should be in purple? The broom handle mauser, Sterling, MG-34, Lee-Enfield, STG44, and Lewis were iconic in the original films. The new props from The Force Awakens look like 3d printed toys.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I saw Hollywood's influence immediately when I sold guns. Back then it was the "long barreled revolver" of The Joker. Every frickin' Redhawk was "The Joker's" gun, yuck yuck, yuck.

600px-Batman-JokerRevolver3.JPG

Now it is Samuel L. Jackson's plastic Smith as the end all and be all of silly plastic guns. INGO has a 75 plus page thread on how the Smith Sigma/M&P is better than the Glock because of The Avengers movie.

The more things change, the more they remain the same. Movies sell guns and make "the best" guns. I have seen it over and over again.

600px-Avengers_429.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm assuming this should be in purple? The broom handle mauser, Sterling, MG-34, Lee-Enfield, STG44, and Lewis were iconic in the original films. The new props from The Force Awakens look like 3d printed toys.

No, not purple. That those firearms were used is kinda a footnote known to gun people. In the films, they were prettied-up and not "recognizable" IMHO.

You and I see this:
    latest

And see the outline of this:
    dbe08b.jpg

But, most people do not.

Plus, unless Lucas had investments in WWII firearm distributors or replica makers (which, actually, wouldn't surprise me), he could've done much better by selling product placement for more contemporary firearms.

But again, I think he did pretty well. ;)

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I suggested, here on this board, that Congress needs to pass a law banning the depiction of "illegal use of firearms" in TV and movies.

It's what "they" would want right?

It would eviscerate Hollywood and point out their hypocrisy in one fell swoop.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Redhood
    Top Bottom