• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I`ve been told that Parabellums in Avon will let a shooter rent different handguns to shoot and try out. Are there any other ranges on the Indy north, or south sides which offer the same service?

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I`ve been told that Parabellums in Avon will let a shooter rent different handguns to shoot and try out. Are there any other ranges on the Indy north, or south sides which offer the same service?

Most ranges offer some sort of rental program, although not *every* gun in their arsenal will be available. I know Tim's in Westfield and Point Blank in Carmel on the north side both offer rentals.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Where are you located? I have a bunch of 9mm handguns I let people shoot. Parabellums is most local to me. Just supply the ammo.
    Dan

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Indy trading Post
    Parabellum Greenwood

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Parabellum is a good place, and is the only current local indoor 25-yard range which allows drawing from a holster. I'm sure the other places are ok too, and I've rented firearms at all of them except Tim's. I just wanted to put in a plug for a good range.

Parabellum also has periodic $50 9mm smorgasboard events, where you have the opportunity to try a dozen or so different 9mm handguns for one $50 fee. That's a good deal, since by the time you pay range time, rental fee, and 2 boxes of 9mm ammo, that's about the amount you'd pay for renting one gun, anyway (and I do not believe you can really evaluate a gun in 50 shots, personal opinion of course).

Indy trading Post
    Parabellum Greenwood

Parabellum is in Avon.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Parabellum is a good place, and is the only current local indoor 25-yard range which allows drawing from a holster. I'm sure the other places are ok too, and I've rented firearms at all of them except Tim's. I just wanted to put in a plug for a good range.

Parabellum also has periodic $50 9mm smorgasboard events, where you have the opportunity to try a dozen or so different 9mm handguns for one $50 fee. That's a good deal, since by the time you pay range time, rental fee, and 2 boxes of 9mm ammo, that's about the amount you'd pay for renting one gun, anyway (and I do not believe you can really evaluate a gun in 50 shots, personal opinion of course).

Parabellum is in Avon.

I agree, but its better than nothing. It IS possible however to rule OUT a gun in a few shots. Ive fired a few that within a mag or 2 I knew it wasnt for me.

Case in point, I swapped from hogue overmolds to thin VZs on my 1911. I immediately could tell a difference due to the grip thickness. In 5 mags I knew it was absolutely time to switch back and sell the grips as my performance with the gun was night and day.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    At Point Blank you pay $10 to rent handguns (in additional to lane rental) and you can shoot as many of the 60+ handguns as you like.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Parabellum is in Avon.

My fault.

I meant Parabellum Avon and Point Blank Greenwood.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Hope you noticed this. This is exactly what makes this forum so outstanding. Thanks DV, my hat is off to you!!!

Not a problem. I don't have any safe queens, only shooters. Plus it gives me a reason to get some recoil therapy!
    Dan

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    I've rented from Point Blank in Greenwood. Haven't rented from Parabellum, but will soon with the new Mechtech that just came in. Highly recommend renting first to see what is the most comfortable shooter for you. It can easily rule out firearms that you were thinking of buying.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Parabellum did let you exchange the rented gun for another (same caliber) within you range rental time. Haven't been up there for awhile so it may have changed. Nice range. I usually made it up during the week and during their 11-2pm special price time.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Thank you for all the great responses, very, very much appreciated. One of my nephews is considering getting a carry gun, and is asking advice on good guns for consideration. I will offer my counsel on what is "good" about different handguns, but will encourage him to handle as many makes and models as he can before he buys. Choosing a carry gun is a very personal decision, and as was said here, it is vital to see how the gun fits in the hand, and "points" for the shooter.

Again, thank you very much guys!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I agree, but its better than nothing. It IS possible however to rule OUT a gun in a few shots. Ive fired a few that within a mag or 2 I knew it wasnt for me.

Case in point, I swapped from hogue overmolds to thin VZs on my 1911. I immediately could tell a difference due to the grip thickness. In 5 mags I knew it was absolutely time to switch back and sell the grips as my performance with the gun was night and day.
    Have you ever tried the Pearce finger groove insert?

Top Bottom