• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Later today I am going to send my slide for my 92G off to Wixom Michigan from Tennessee, I am going to ship it via fed ex so would you insure it? Seems like the whole idea of sending it Fed Ex is so there is a tracking Number. If I elect for insurance what value would you place on it?

Thanks

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    What does having a tracking number have to do with Fed Ex??? All three of the big shippers provide tracking numbers. And why would you not insure it, how does a tracking number protect it by itself?

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    This time of year, with as many packages that are moving around, HELL YES INSURE IT!!

I've had things both lost & damaged before and it can be a nightmare. This close to Christmas I'd probably not ship it at all until after the new year settles in, but that's just me.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    with all the temp help this time of year definitely insure it. I had a package of cookies my brother ordered last yr. It was tracked leaving the post office but never made it to my house or back to the post office. Also while working for big brown in NY in 1998 they got the bright idea that with the temp help they hired they assigned them with drivers in their own neighbor hood. amazingly all packages where delivered. Unfortunately 30 days late brown got massive mounts of claims for no received packages, go figure

Klanham5576

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    NE Indiana
    Keep in mind UPS and FedEx generally include some amount of insurance as a part of shipping. Ask them what that coverage is then buy additional insurance if desired to cover your shipment. In case of loss you will only be paid the value of your item, not the full insurance amount.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Keep in mind UPS and FedEx generally include some amount of insurance as a part of shipping. Ask them what that coverage is then buy additional insurance if desired to cover your shipment. In case of loss you will only be paid the value of your item, not the full insurance amount.

I'm not sure about UPS, but FedEx includes up to $100 value in its shipping prices. It's a charge for every $100 more ($X for $101-200, $X for $201-300, etc).

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    I have never had a shipment lost once I put an insurance value of other $1000.00. on everything.

Do not want tot drift this thread But why $1000 at $1 per hundred you are giving the carrier a tip , and If you ever Have to make a claim they are going to want proof of value , at least ups does ,

And OP Majority rules Put insurance on it no matter what time of year

Top Bottom