• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    gvbndgf
    Going shooting this weekend. Ill have my AK, 9mm pistol and a shotgun. There will be a few more but Im not sure what everyone is going to bring. I have a couple TVs and some pumpkins that I have saved to shoot. Of course there should be some tannerite. Im looking for other cool things to shoot or maybe shooting games to play.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    RUN TO YOUR RIGHT!!!

iu

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I get great enjoyment from shooting small groups with the rifle or pistol. On demand. From position. At any distance.

For the 22 rifle, crackers at 50 yards.

For the shotgun, hitting those clay pigeons in the air. Especially the crossing ones.

I am probably pretty boring.....

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Sounds like you're going to be making a lot of trash. Is there time in your schedule to clean up this range when you're done with the fun?
    My thought exactly. I don't shoot anything like that on my range. I have to desire to clean up the mess.

Steel is my favorite. Mostly for handguns, as I generally shoot at 50yds or less.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    shooting was boring until I got into competition...

-rvb

Make it a competition amongst yourselves. Do something difficult rather than easy. Shooting a pumpkin at 20 yards is cool, but loses excitement quickly IMHO because it is easy to do. Put the pumpkin at 400 yards and it's more fun.

Since long ranges are hard to come by, you can create the same effect by using more challenging guns/calibers. One of my favorite games is to set up plastic army men, and use .22 rifles to shoot them out to 100 yards. Give each shooter a team of army men, and try to eliminate the other teams using less rounds than it takes them to eliminate you.

Plastic army men: $1.79
    .22 Ammo: $5.00
    Proving that you are the ultimate plastic army man sniper: priceless.

adcecil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Shooting old jugs filled with water & food die, get fago pop it is like .20 a can it is fun to shoot and of course tannerite

Top Bottom