• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Against my better judgement I purchased a gun safe from Gander. After searching for a while and actually going through 8 different stores today, I finally settled on a Liberty Fatboy Jr. They price matched Cabelas, plus 10% of the difference, $10 off with the card, and likely $60 more dollars to spend from signing up for the credit card. To top it all off Liberty has a promotion for a free handgun vault with purchase of select safes. After all of that I walked out for just a little over $1200 and loaded into the back of truck. Now to get it unloaded and setup before Christmas!

This is my first safe purchase and likely not my last, but all in all I believe I did very well. When I first started looking I was always leaning towards a Cannon or Liberty depending on the price. I think this will be much more secure and hopefully protect from all things not right with the world. I know a lot of people are looking at safes so just wanted everyone to know a good deal IMO. Thanks!

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Congrats.

By chance did you consider a Johnson Safe? He will build any size or shelf layout you'd like.

Liberty Fat Boy's are nice but Johnson's are better built with thicker metals.

Mainstream safe brands like to tout their fire rating but theft is statistically the greater concern.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Congrats.

By chance did you consider a Johnson Safe? Johnson Safe

Liberty Fat Boy's are nice but Johnson's are better built with thicker metals.

I did and the only thing that steered me the other direction was the price. Buy once, cry once I understand, but this will serve its purpose. Once I get a few more years of work under my belt (many guns later), I would love to get a Johnson. A JS-640 was ideal for the wall space, but 1k extra is a lot right now. This is more of a christmas gift to my parents at this point that I will get to use as well.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I did and the only thing that steered me the other direction was the price. Buy once, cry once I understand, but this will serve its purpose. Once I get a few more years of work under my belt (many guns later), I would love to get a Johnson. A JS-640 was ideal for the wall space, but 1k extra is a lot right now. This is more of a christmas gift to my parents at this point that I will get to use as well.

I understand, it hurt a lot to part with the money for my Johnson safe vs a big box residential container, but I have never regretted it.

Top Bottom