• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Just received a call followed by written instructions for getting refund of the unused portion of my Eagle Creek prepaid pass card.
    If anyone has cards and wants a refund, contact Lisa Leming at lisa.leming@indy.gov or 317-327-PARK.
    Posting this as a reminder to those who may have forgotten about their cards and getting refunds. The wheels of government move slowly but it looks like refunds are coming.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    That's why I posted this, to remind those who forgot and to contact those who missed the original thread about refunds.
    Cutoff for submitting a claim is in April.

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    I just got an email from Lisa Lemming asking for my mailing address so they can send me written instructions. They can't just email the instrucions and not waste money on a letter, envelope and postage. Just silly.

Glock Fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    The fact still remains that the Eagle Creek Range was improved with the support of Federal dollars on the condition that the range be available to the public. Why does the City of Indianapolis feel it does not need to comply with the original funding conditions dictated by Washington,
    D.C.?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The fact still remains that the Eagle Creek Range was improved with the support of Federal dollars on the condition that the range be available to the public. Why does the City of Indianapolis feel it does not need to comply with the original funding conditions dictated by Washington,
    D.C.?

Yep. Somebody just needs the deep enough pockets to challenge them in court.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I say that a group of us (with LTCH's) should show up to shoot at what was previously public hours, record ourselves being turned away despite having a copy of the Federal grant saying it must remain public, and then we file a class action suit for public access.

Brilliant!

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I say that a group of us (with LTCH's) should show up to shoot at what was previously public hours, record ourselves being turned away despite having a copy of the Federal grant saying it must remain public, and then we file a class action suit for public access.

Brilliant!

Why not just file the suit and skip the possible trespass arrest?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    There is obvious posted signage. I agree with your cause but I'd rather not see anyone arrested to further it.
    I get it, but suit requires "injury" does in not?

We approach whatever legal boundary there is (cameras rolling), request access, get denied, cite the legal requirement and request again, get denied again, thank them for doing their job, leave, and sue.

Top Bottom