• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Gave my brother a handgun for protection earlier this year. He never owned a gun before, today I had dinner with him. On the way to eat he said he bought a small 22 since I gave him the handgun. Today he said he bought a ruger charger. He lives in the people's republic of Illinois so he won't get it until next weekend due to waiting period (he bought it where he is on weekends).

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    That's how it's done...one person at a time.
    Now, if we can just replicate that enough times in the PRI to get them to get rid of their unconstitutional FOIA cards and waiting periods.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Good on you and good for him.

I can't believe we share a border with that liberal of a state. We're very fortunate here in Indiana.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Twentyfive+ some-odd years ago, when I got out of the Marine Corps., I had 1 shotgun, a Mossberg 500.
    I bought a .22lr shortly thereafter.
    A few years later I got a job at Schwab Safe in Lafayette. I managed to get myself a very nice Schwab long gun safe. One that would hold approximately 25 long guns.

I have 3 siblings. No-one else in my family owned any firearms at that time.
    Fast-forward to present.
    Both brothers own more than two-dozen assorted firearms each.
    Mom has a Bersa Thunder .380 that I gifted her.
    Sis is the only member of the immediate family who does NOT own a firearm.

Nieces and nephews are almost all armed by now, and all but a couple of the family members are Life members of the NRA.

My continuing problem is, continually running out of safe room.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Good on you and good for him.

I can't believe we share a border with that liberal of a state. We're very fortunate here in Indiana.

Actually the problem with Illinois is Chicago. Got some relatives who live over in the So. Illinois and that area is as conservative as they come. I've told them they need to secede from IL and join IN.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Actually the problem with Illinois is Chicago. Got some relatives who live over in the So. Illinois and that area is as conservative as they come. I've told them they need to secede from IL and join IN.

That was my experience, too, when I was a young Trooper working along our western border, and would occasionally have to go into Danville, IL, for business. A state full of what we would consider normal, ordinary people ruled by a Chicago mentality.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Correct that is why Illinois needs a version of the electorial college at the state level, you would be amazed how fast the state would clean up and start representing the interest of the entire state.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Was talking to my brother yesterday, he has almost as many firearms that I have now! Once he completes his move to where his church is, hoping we can get some range time in as he will be quitting his full time job to just be a pastor.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Was talking to my brother yesterday, he has almost as many firearms that I have now! Once he completes his move to where his church is, hoping we can get some range time in as he will be quitting his full time job to just be a pastor.

Congrats on many levels!

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    The more the merrier! It is always good to hear of new converts to the shooting sports. I have been able to convert my oldest daughter. My youngest still wants nothing to do with shooting although her husband is an avid shooter and reloader now. The wife will go with me to the range, but will not shoot anything stronger than a .22 and frankly, she prefers to shoot .22 shorts out of a single action revolver. Still hoping to get her to upgrade a little.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    The more the merrier! It is always good to hear of new converts to the shooting sports. I have been able to convert my oldest daughter. My youngest still wants nothing to do with shooting although her husband is an avid shooter and reloader now. The wife will go with me to the range, but will not shoot anything stronger than a .22 and frankly, she prefers to shoot .22 shorts out of a single action revolver. Still hoping to get her to upgrade a little.

My wife is very much like your wife in the aspect of she will go to the range, but will only shoot .22. She usually will go sit in the truck though when I or other people start shooting (what she refers to as )the "big bore" stuff. She said it is just to loud for her even with hearing protection on. Well, I guess my take away is at least she is willing to go and participate in my chosen sport.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Three years later, he has as many firearms as I have. I met him at top guns today and we did an hour at the range. I took my ruger and henry rifles and my xd9. He brought most of his handguns. He is a pretty good aim for not shooting a lot. Also the range officer was a guy from Illinois who teaches. He going to try to take his Illinois carry class. He brought a ruger charger I helped roughly site in with his scope he has on it. I’m rejoining Riley cc so next time we can go there. Top guns is nice but expensive if you go enough but not enough to get a membership.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Taking my brother in law to a private range this week for his first time. he is a liberal Californian so we will see how it goes.

Best of luck to you. I hope you are taking him because he has already expressed a mild interest.

Doubling up on ear-pro (foamies and over the ear) helps with timid newbs.

Top Bottom