• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    OK, so in about 6 months the wife and I are flying to Tucson for my B-I-L's wedding. I'm scheduled to return by air on that same sunday buuttttt....... I have also been given the go ahead for a rst free project that has 8 pistons and pushrods, powering the rear wheels. So it looks like I'm going to be making a 1700 mile trip home alone in something 20+ years old.

So, with that said, yes, I cold check a bag with my EDC on the plane, bt after Ft Laderdale, there may be some new restrictions or flat out refusal to allow this. My question is, can I ship my handgun to myself in another state? Ship with a guaranteed arrival date so I would be there to sign for it? what carrier allows this? Can I also ship the ammo/mags etc?

If not, what are the current requirements for checked bag firearms? The only two states I would have issues with are Illinoid and NM. NM I can take a swing p through Colorado and completely bypass. IL would obviously require a disarm and stowage/locked away for the 2 hours to cross.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    You can keep your edc on your person while in the car in Illinois. If you get out, your first steps have to be to the trunk to disarm and store your gun.

Reverend Dreed

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    new hope
    To answer your original question , yes you can ship to your self across state lines. I would suggest shipping to yourself (in care of) so the person on the receiving end can sign for the package.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    New Mexico considers your vehicle an extension of your home and does not restrict possession within it. It can not be concealed on your person though. I found out about this while traveling through in September with a loaded shotgun and coming upon a Border Patrol check point outside of White Sands. They just recommend that you inform them of it's presence in the vehicle. I was lucky enough to get a full vehicle search, because I was driving a 10 passenger van that could transport illegals.

Top Bottom