• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I'm not asking how to get on a flight with a firearm, I fly several times a year and always check a firearm. I just wonder if there will be any extra security or getting second looks at the airport since the incident last week in Florida. I've flown dozens of times and checked a firearm and the most that has ever happened is getting a new girl working at the baggage check who had to ask for assistance. More than once checking a firearm has made the check-in process eaasier, and often my bags are the first off the carousel.
    Today I have a flight out of Louisville to Houston, and next month I have a flight to Florida. It will be interesting to compare the flights to see how things change.
    I will let INGO know how it goes.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I fly frequently as well and have had few issues checking a firearm. I just learned this morning that any portion of an airport in Florida other than the parking lot is a no go for CCW. Handgunlaws.com isn't accurate on that one. I have walked into several airports in Florida to pick people up and never knew this.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Tagging for interest. But IMHO, the completely non sequitur title is going to adversely impact the number of otherwise-interested eyeballs who would contribute to/follow the thread.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Tagging for interest. But IMHO, the completely non sequitur title is going to adversely impact the number of otherwise-interested eyeballs who would contribute to/follow the thread.

Any other title would have attracted every know it all telling me what to do and how to do it and everything will be just fine yada yada yada... some people just can't help it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Any other title would have attracted every know it all telling me what to do and how to do it and everything will be just fine yada yada yada... some people just can't help it.

Couldn't you make the title, "Will flying with a handgun be harder in the next few weeks?" :dunno:

Seems straightforward enough. Technically, the current title applies to about 10,000+ threads on INGO. And it doesn't matter what the title is, there will be know-it-alls and thread jacks - this is INGO, after all.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Popularity will keep the the thread active with good info, despite the obscure title.

I'm concerned that current events will mess up an already quirky system for checking firearms.

Is the Fla airport GF zone thing new? If not, do you think that's why the loon targeted this airport?

What could have the presence of gun carriers have done to better solve this terrorist act?

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Did the crazy guy target this airport because he knew it was a GFZ?

It's not like he wanted to martyr himself, just giving up when the gun went dry?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

It's not like he wanted to martyr himself, just giving up when the gun went dry?

I have no info to base this on, but he may have known he was planning to surrender and thought, better to be locked up in warm and sunny Florida instead of Alaska.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

IF what the media reports is true, he's a classic paranoid schizophrenic. Having dealt with more than my share, there actions are completely logical but only through their own lens. If the goal was as simple as a GFZ (which, I don't know that airports in FL are...) then he surely had his pick without having to fly somewhere. Likely the "CIA mind control" or whatever other voices in his head told him made it seem like he had to do it there for whatever obscure reason his delusions created.

They live in their own world, and their own world is very scary. "They" are out to get them. My ex-wife's father believed the Russians spied on him from an apartment building across from his and that the woman downstairs was a voodoo priestess trying to seduce and kill him. He would not eat peas with melted butter because he believed the butter to be bodily fluids that the voodoo priestess snuck into his food. The logic of refusing to eat butter only makes sense in the confines of his own delusion. I've seen people put heads of lettuce all around their home to "absorb the poison" that "they" were pumping in through the electrical outlets, etc.

In short, you cannot begin to understand the "why" of anything they do until you understand their delusions.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You know the best thing about airports? Yoga pants everywhere! Yoga pants are to men what laser pointers are to cats!
    Just throwing that out there.

It depends upon who is wearing said yoga pants.

I am in several airports, usually every week. I can assure you that yoga pants everywhere is not necessarily a good thing.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom