• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Normally I shoot right through the winter months, Winter Trap league and some informal 22 plinking; guess age ( common sense as my wife would say) is catching up with me, not shooting any formal or informal leagues. Several friends and I were lamenting (whining) this fact and motivated by this and our wives really not wanting us around the house too much we decided to give Air Rifles a try. We all had various Air Rifle laying about, so we decided to do some indoor shooting. Bottom line we had a great time, mostly like other shooting events, it was the shared friendships that made it fun. We're getting serious because I believe the $$$$ escalations has started, I fully expect one of us to show up next week with a brand new Air Rifle .. :):

I thought I shared some details in case others wanted to give this a try.

DIY Pellet Trap. World?s best pellet trap | Air gun blog - Pyramyd Air Report

I used this method. Previously I used old phone books, try finding a phone book now. The trap: cardbox box 7x12 inches, used all of the .8 cu ft of rubber mulch. At point blank range this stopped a .22 and .177 pellet fired from a Springer Break Barrel Rifle. No pass through.

We have access to a Club House (this could work in a basement also, I have a range setup in mine), shot 10 meters using various targets.

Below is my sighter target, Break Barrel Spring Rifles will shoot if you do your part. The 10 ring is 1/2in dia. Shot at 10 Meters. The hit on the 7 Rings was my first shot, the rest are three shot groups with scope adjustments. I may have to move to a 1/8 MOA adjustable scope, 1/4 MOA maybe too much for 10 Meter Shooting (or this is what I'm telling the wife why I need a new scope).

argt.jpg

Last edited:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    My buddies and I shot all winter also when I was younger and lived at home. We shot all kinds of stuff at whatever we could morf into a good backstop. An old blue tarp wadded up tight and duck taped makes a great cheap bow and arrow target. We also hung up old rugs to catch BB's and pellets of both the 177 and .22 variety. It was good fun and kept us out of trouble for the most part. Be down stairs for hours plinking away.

Even hauled in some old logs, lumber and some old street signs for .22LR from pistols in my cousins basement. Would lock the upstairs door and inform everyone range was hot. Shoot down the hallway into the backstop. Couldn't shoot real long because of the smoke. Sneak a beer and puff on cigars out behind the garage. Ahh the good ol days.

AMMO USER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    I use a cardboard box with old phone books in it and shoot out in my heated garage. I also just bought a Daisy powerline 35 bb and pellet gun and it shoots really well.

Top Bottom