• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Came across this. Curious what it's called. Don't think it would work well.

15941640_10157996943400414_2040793990_n.jpg

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Low velocity, light individual projectiles, low and inconsistent penetration. I'd say RR pretty much nailed it as "worthless".

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I would like to see a ballistic gel test of this stuff, but looking at the individual round weight and guessing a low speed due to lack of propellant, a good heavy winter coat might prevent bodily penetration.

Anima mundi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Southport
    I saw the top of the cartridge and I said to myself, "It's a sabot round?" But then I scrolled down all the way and said, "Oh, no, it's a garbage round."

It's just more fodder to make money off of those guys who think the Taurus Judge is an ideal self-defense weapon.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I would like to see a ballistic gel test of this stuff, but looking at the individual round weight and guessing a low speed due to lack of propellant, a good heavy winter coat might prevent bodily penetration.

And, if I interpreted their info correctly, the given projectile weight would be divided by 5 for the individual slugs. So you may have a set of large diameter, 40-50 gr. projectiles moving somewhere around 500-700 fps. I'll take a .410 buckshot round in a Taurus Judge every time. The 2 1/2" Remington 000 buck HD loads deliver four .36 caliber projectiles at a claimed 1225 FPS .

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Hey, ridiculous as it is, even this crap is probably at least marginally better than the RIP ammo that was billed as the ultimate in overpriced, underperforming SD ammo.
    I'm just irked, once for the photos showing it clearly in .45 Colt (I have a Blackhawk and 1894 in that caliber), and again that it's loaded in the excellent Starline brass.
    It's a safe bet that they'll sell a few thousand cases of this gimmick to man-children whose entire knowledge of firearms is derived from playing Call of Duty or one of the other FPS video games.

Top Bottom