• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Interesting read in The Rapid City Journal this morning although I'm sure this is a syndicated article that will appear elsewhere also.

Be aware that ACS is the federal government. The Census Bureau's reputation for counting correctly is less than outstanding.

Note the inclusion of "registered weapons". 103K registered weapons in Indiana? There are more than 100,000 guns just in Tippecanoe County.

.gov survey=>start with flawed premise based on ignorance, conclude that the moons of Jupiter are made of pretzels.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Isn't there 30 in just Indy and the surrounding burbs???

I's suspect that's pert'near what it is. I started to do a quick mental count - but then quickly realized that my knowledge is woefully incomplete. There's probably 3-4 shops just in Indy that I don't know about or have forgotten exist.

Then there's the matter of "do I consider box stores that also sell firearms to be gun shops or not"? Like Rural King, Walmarts, Cabela's, pawn shops, etc. I think if they sell guns - they should be counted.

Someone should do an official count.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Off the top of my head, I came up with about a dozen in Lake County, not counting Wal Marts (which should be), but including Cabela's and Gander Mountain.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The ATF lists 1742 FFL licensees in Indiana (as of December 2015). Subract out everything but class 1 and 2 (these are overwhelmingly the majority) and maybe subtract out the holders without a real retail operation and you still have, what....1,000? Just guessing, but at least hundreds.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/listing-federal-firearms-licensees-ffls-2015

What was the methodology for determining "gun dealers"?

Also, it says Hawaii has one dealer. Google tells me there are about 10 in Honolulu alone.

What's going on here?

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What's going on here?

Battle space prep for the fight in the new Congress over national reciprocity and NFA reform.

"Look, only 30 gun dealers in the entire state according to OFFICIAL .gov count. You can ignore the NRA, they don't control any votes."

Remember, national reciprocity is everything. It is the critical hit to the anti-gun states and will shatter gun control schemes for centuries.

Top Bottom