• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingpin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Grant County
    Just had a talk with a guy who was told by a guy that when you purchase a gun from Rural King that they alert the police of your purchase. I find that hard to believe has anyone else heard of such a thing? Keep in mind I heard it from a guy who heard it well you know how it goes.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have a friend who has a coworker who's husband told her that the lifetime LTCH is going away too.

Who knew...?

Doug

PS - I have no knowledge regarding RK one way or the other. Seems extremely far fetched to me. However, one lone goober at one store... maybe?:dunno:

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I would say who gives a crap... if your legally purchasing a gun from RK it's going to be on record anyway. It's probably some kid that's in the junior cop academy that has the notion he's helping out. We have some of these young lads running around everywhere.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If that were true, the police would get tired of it pretty quick.

"JIMMY JUST BOUGHT A GUN!"

"Sir, stop calling us."

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    What this probably comes from is the Report of Multiple Sale that is required by fedgov and includes a report to the local police when someone buys two or more handguns in a week. I can see this being something that was overheard by someone and then passed onto someone else and before it was all said and done it ended up the official word - "RK tells the local po-po when you buy a gun."

MythBusters would call this, "Probable." It doesn't happen every time but it could happen sometimes.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    No such requirement in state or federal law, so if it is actually being done it would be a store (corp) policy and I am sure that local LE would shut it down pretty quickly. Now... if they got back a deny from FBI background check and was informed it was a wanted felon, then maybe they would call LE for an arrest.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    No such requirement in state or federal law, so if it is actually being done it would be a store (corp) policy and I am sure that local LE would shut it down pretty quickly. Now... if they got back a deny from FBI background check and was informed it was a wanted felon, then maybe they would call LE for an arrest.

For multiple handgun sales it's required in Indiana. The ATF and the ISP get notified. In some states it's 2 or more handguns and or long guns. It's to help catch straw purchasers and traffickers if there's a constant track record of a person buying guns that wind up being recovered at crime scenes or being carried by felons. Or in border states guns that wind up in Mexico

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center...firearms-sales-or-other-disposition-reporting

Last edited:

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I wasn't considering multiple purchases at the same time. Appears that the rules have changed again, used to be only handguns, and 2 or more at one time, and only went to ATF as it was their form. Can anyone reference the Indiana Code on this so I can read it?

Last edited:

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    For multiple handgun sales it's required in Indiana. The ATF and the ISP get notified. In some states it's 2 or more handguns and or long guns. It's to help catch straw purchasers and traffickers if there's a constant track record of a person buying guns that wind up being recovered at crime scenes or being carried by felons. Or in border states guns that wind up in Mexico

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center...firearms-sales-or-other-disposition-reporting
    Winner winner chicken dinner !

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I have a friend who has a coworker who's husband told her that the lifetime LTCH is going away too.

Who knew...?

Doug

PS - I have no knowledge regarding RK one way or the other. Seems extremely far fetched to me. However, one lone goober at one store... maybe?:dunno:

Yup. Read this on the internet. Must be true. MmmHmmm.

Top Bottom