• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    I plan to go to the Atterbury public range Wednesday morning. I want to shoot on the 50 yard range. What will I need to hang targets other than a staple gun? Does the range provide cardboard backing? I would and ask them, but the website states they are closed Monday and Tuesday. Thanks

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I have not shot there but asked several questions a few months ago when I went to buy powder.

As I recall, they provide plastic (?) backers and stands and recommended using a stapler to attach targets.

I suggest having ear plugs and muffs available as it is LOUD under the concrete canopies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    They provide backer boards and sell thumb tacks if you don't have a staple gun. They sell targets too. Ear and eye protection are required on the line. The seller that too if you forget your own.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Not sure how often they cycle out the plastic backers, but sometimes there is a lot of voids for your staples to hit. I have been putting my targets on cardboard before I go. To say it is loud is an understatement. I put on my ear protection in the parking lot when I'm unloading.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Not sure how often they cycle out the plastic backers, but sometimes there is a lot of voids for your staples to hit. I have been putting my targets on cardboard before I go. To say it is loud is an understatement. I put on my ear protection in the parking lot when I'm unloading.

parking lot to firing line is 50-60 feet tops, go figure.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    It's a nice range. Inexpensive comparatively as well. My wife and I share a lane for an hour and it costs $9. Nice people running it most of the time as well. There are quite a few rules, such as no rapid fire, specific procedures for unloading firearms from cases, but overall it's a good option.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    It is much safer than it was before the remodel. 15 years ago you were likely to get shot going down range to deal with targets. 20 years ago you would have trouble putting a target up around all the tv's, propane tanks and appliances.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    It is much safer than it was before the remodel. 15 years ago you were likely to get shot going down range to deal with targets. 20 years ago you would have trouble putting a target up around all the tv's, propane tanks and appliances.

I remember those days. There were times I got there, saw the cluster that it was and went back home. There were many good days too.

Top Bottom