• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I don`t want to live in a police state, and especially not a federal police state. State and local law enforcement need to deal with their issues, not the feds.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm confused... This is from the article:

"Redwood wouldn’t be charged in federal court until February 2016. The charges landed days after Redwood’s other cousin, Donnell Flora, was convicted in Cook County court of the murder of Martin and the attempted murder of another girl, Lanekia Reynolds, who was also wounded. Flora was accused of first handing the gun to the alleged shooter. The feds say the teen handed it to Redwood before then taking it back.

The alleged shooter, who is not being named because she was charged as a juvenile, is still awaiting trial. "

In the one sentence, they say that Flora was convicted of the murder, and then they turn around and say that the *alleged* shooter is not being named because she's charged as a juvenile and still awaiting trial? Um, didn't they already name her (Donnell Flora)? :scratch: Or was Flora convicted of murder, but she wasn't the shooter and only provided the gun?

gamecrimez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Lafayette
    I'm confused... This is from the article:

"Redwood wouldn’t be charged in federal court until February 2016. The charges landed days after Redwood’s other cousin, Donnell Flora, was convicted in Cook County court of the murder of Martin and the attempted murder of another girl, Lanekia Reynolds, who was also wounded. Flora was accused of first handing the gun to the alleged shooter. The feds say the teen handed it to Redwood before then taking it back.

The alleged shooter, who is not being named because she was charged as a juvenile, is still awaiting trial. "

In the one sentence, they say that Flora was convicted of the murder, and then they turn around and say that the *alleged* shooter is not being named because she's charged as a juvenile and still awaiting trial? Um, didn't they already name her (Donnell Flora)? :scratch: Or was Flora convicted of murder, but she wasn't the shooter and only provided the gun?

I believe its 2 different people. 1 was convicted while the juvenile is not as they are awaiting trial still. At least that's what I took from the article if I understand it correctly.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I believe its 2 different people. 1 was convicted while the juvenile is not as they are awaiting trial still. At least that's what I took from the article if I understand it correctly.

So two people are being charged (and one convicted) with the murder of one person, even though only one of those people actually murdered the 14 year old girl (Martin)?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I figured it might be something like that, but it seems like they'd be charged as an accessory if they weren't the actual shooter. I guess it probably depends on the amount of involvement.
    There isn't enough information in the article to say how and why everyone was charged. It may be that the murder conviction on the non-shooter was under a felony murder statute if Illinois has one. It could also be as an aiding or inducing and the news article just didn't mention that.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Cook County which includes Chicago has been well known for under-charging criminal offences and then plea bargaining this down to a slap on the wrist. This should be getting even worse now because a new Cook County states attorney has just taken office recently. The new one is reported to be even more liberal than the last one and also somewhat aligned with BLM groups. Jim.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What makes the Federal side of the house unique (for lack of a better term) is if they go after the group if they don't have enough to tie say a driver to a murder charge or accessory to murder the Feds has 2 charges that most states do not. AUSA's can slap a either a Conspiracy charge or Lying to a Federal LEO. Both carry a pretty good sentence.

Also with a Federal sentence there is no parole and they have to do 85% of their time behind a fence (campers are a different matter) before they can get a halfway house or supervised release. They also could have a 10 year sentence with 3 years supervised realeaswd which means they are a good Johnny they get out from the fence to a halfway house at 8 1/2 years and they have 4 1/2 years of halfway house then supervised released (aka at home, visits with and checked up on by probation officer etc) and I see quite a few get remanded back to the BOP because of a violation during SRT.

States (local prosecutors offices anyway) usually don't unless there is a serious crime involved.

ilcaveman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    elizabeth
    I was just on a jury trial in crook county Illinois for murder. The law states that if you knew about, helped in or attempted to help in the murder, you are just as guilty as pulling the trigger. Fried him.

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    I don`t want to live in a police state, and especially not a federal police state. State and local law enforcement need to deal with their issues, not the feds.
    It's a good thing you don't live on the south side of Chicago then. It is most definitely a police state just a poorly ran one. Think less Singapore and more tiny Venezuela.

Top Bottom