Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Grabagun.com

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SMiller View Post
    Bought several Colt 6920's from them, lowest price and quick shipping, A1 seller.
    Couldn't agree more!

User Info Menu

Any more, if the price plus shipping isn't much below my LGS, I just stay local. Fees around here are $35 now for ship-ins, so I let them price one first. I'd rather keep the LGS in business.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by avboiler11 View Post
    The flip side of that is a LGS charges a fee to perform the transfer from Buds/Grabagun/wherever and doesn't have to carry as much inventory, which ties up capital and requires cubic feet to display/store.

Availability being equal (which it almost never is), I consider LGS pricing and sales tax vs. online purchase cost and transfer fee as part of my value proposition. I'm happy to pay a premium to a LGS, but sometimes the delta can be north of $100.
    I realize this is an older thread, but I agree with this. I've only purchased a few times online, and have had no issues so far. One of these orders with Grab a Gun and it went well, and I used USDS for my transfer.
    In each case of buying online, no one locally was touching the price I got by a lot. I checked out my normal go to LGS, but he was much higher and checked out a couple of other LGS and tried to work with them on price. They didn't budge, and some tried to insinuate that the online retailer was known to deal in blemished guns, etc.

The guys at USDS were great on the transfer, had a low cost, promptly called me when it came in, etc.

I always try and give my LGS the first look, for many of the reasons folks posted here, but sometimes the differential is just too great. I will say this, the LGS that give me a straight story and don't try and disparage the other retailer, generally have good prices, and/or who handle the transfers well, and offer additional services (sight installation, cerakote, etc) are the ones that I'll support and hopefully survive.

The guys offering no real service and non competitive pricing won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

I ordered a gun part from Grabagun. They charged my card right away. I wait almost 2 weeks and contacted them as I had not received any kind of shipping info. They then tell me that they do not have the part and would be refunding my credit card, but it might take a week or two for it to show up. That just seems really shady to me. If I hadn't contacted them, how long would it have taken for them to contact me? To me, if you don't have an item, don't charge the credit card.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Purchased from them with no problems

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I ordered a gun part from Grabagun. They charged my card right away. I wait almost 2 weeks and contacted them as I had not received any kind of shipping info. They then tell me that they do not have the part and would be refunding my credit card, but it might take a week or two for it to show up. That just seems really shady to me. If I hadn't contacted them, how long would it have taken for them to contact me? To me, if you don't have an item, don't charge the credit card.
    They do seem to charge you right away. In my case, I assume the gun was in stock and it was ok as they shipped soon after, but yes, be aware, they seem to charge at the time of order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bb37 View Post
    If you go to your LGS to examine your prospective purchase, handle the gun, take the LGS clerk's time, then leave the shop and place an order with grabagun.com, you are screwing the LGS.

This is one of the things that's killing Best Buy right now. People go into Best Buy, look at those big flat screen TVs, ask the clerk questions, then leave the store and place their order with Amazon. Best Buy gets the expense of owning (or leasing) and operating a building, having merchandise on display, and staffing the store with employees, but gets none of the profit from the sale. Same with the LGS.
    PragerU did a video on that some time back, reasoning that you were stealing from the brick & mortar seller. Going there with NO INTENTION of buying, only to ask questions, handle the merch, etc, does actually constitute a form of thievery, but one that's not illegal. Try this sometime: Go into a store, find an item that you want to buy, get a salesman's attention, then up front tell him that you have no intention of buying it because you can get it cheaper online. See what kind of lousy service he gives you. He might smile and be polite and everything because his employer requires him to, but he'll look for the first chance to get away to help a potentially paying customer. Double down on that if he's a commissioned salesman.

On the other hand, many sellers who offer price-matching will do so if you can prove a competitor's price. For some, a smartphone opened to the seller's website is enough but they often like to have something printed so they can attach it to their copy of the invoice.

I'm good with numbers - .22 .32 .380 .40 5.56 .223 .30-40

User Info Menu

Best Buy has price matched for me in the past. I just showed them on the phone a lower on line price and they marked it right down.

User Info Menu

It took two WTF to get a part shipped. THEN they put it in UPS Mail Innovations! For $10? Might be here by Spring.

ljk
    Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GrinderCB View Post
    PragerU did a video on that some time back, reasoning that you were stealing from the brick & mortar seller. Going there with NO INTENTION of buying, only to ask questions, handle the merch, etc, does actually constitute a form of thievery, but one that's not illegal. Try this sometime: Go into a store, find an item that you want to buy, get a salesman's attention, then up front tell him that you have no intention of buying it because you can get it cheaper online. See what kind of lousy service he gives you. He might smile and be polite and everything because his employer requires him to, but he'll look for the first chance to get away to help a potentially paying customer.
    I haven't stepped in a LGS for a year. Worked out great for them.

NoMo new guns, Mo Ammo.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast