• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mattdville16

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2016
    Lizton
    Has anyone bought from these guys I bought a few guns and they pretty much seem to be the cheapest or right there along with everyone else and there shipping is super cheap? I guess the question is what is your favorite online store to buy for him I'm sure everybody has their own?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    My favorite online gun store is my local mom and pop gun store. They almost always meet or beat the likes of Bud's and Grabagun and a I prefer the personal service along with a little of my money staying local.

If you use an online gun store make sure to be aware of their return policy. Even if it is a new gun, you might get one with a cosmetic flaw or handling mark that isn't acceptable to you. I would much prefer to hold and inspect before cash and carry.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've bought a couple guns and a few accessories from Grabagun. Have never had any issues. I've also bought from Centerfire guns, Impact Guns, KygunCo, Bud's and Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore. I don't have a favorite, per se.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I have one concern about buying a gun on line.
    I went into my local gun store to purchase a new carry 9mm.
    I handled the one I was interested in.
    I noticed several things I did not like.
    I then handled several more before I found one I liked.

you will never know this from mail order.
    THERE IS NO RETURN FOR FIREARMS.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I have one concern about buying a gun on line.
    I went into my local gun store to purchase a new carry 9mm.
    I handled the one I was interested in.
    I noticed several things I did not like.
    I then handled several more before I found one I liked.

you will never know this from mail order.
    THERE IS NO RETURN FOR FIREARMS.

Buying a firearm on line is NOT for 'Lookie Lou's'. It's for Availability, Price or Convenience NOT window shopping

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Bought my 308 from grabagun when absolutely nobody in town had what I was looking for.

Good experience, good price, fast shipping, etc.
    Nothing bad about it imo.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    Buying a firearm on line is NOT for 'Lookie Lou's'. It's for Availability, Price or Convenience NOT window shopping
    This.

Your options are to go to a LGS and fondle the merchandise only to buy the gun of your dreams on-line. That screws the LGS and I can't blame them for being upset with this practice.

Or, you can go to a range that has a wide selection of rental guns, pay the price, determine which gun you like, then buy it on-line. The range gets your range fee and rental fee. Some ranges, like Parabellum in Avon, have monthly events where you pay a fixed price and can shoot any of the guns that they have laid out in the range stalls.

I don't see anything wrong with buying guns on-line. Just make sure you understand the terms of sale, including the return policy (or lack thereof) and understand that the gun still has to go through a local FFL before you can take possession.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I've seen on a two occasions of Buds sending A) a rusted gun B) The wrong color

They did exchange the rusted gun but I don't know how it all happened. If he took possession or had the gun store mail it back.

TacticalFun

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Goshen
    I have two guns from them. Both smooth transactions. You are not screwing the lgs. You not eating at some restaurant doea not screw the restaurant.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have had good success with Bud's and Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore.

I recently made a purchase from Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore. I wanted a very specific model of a specific pistol. They advertised the model I sought, but I wanted to be sure it was the metal frame and not the polymer frame. I sent an email to them, asking for details. They corresponded with me repeatedly over ht next twenty minutes, maybe thirty minutes. The CS agent contacted the sales manager for specific info. They checked the website of the firearm company. They answered my questions, double-checked everything, and assured me if it was not all metal I could return it. It was exactly what I wanted.

Good folks.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    You are not screwing the lgs.
    If you go to your LGS to examine your prospective purchase, handle the gun, take the LGS clerk's time, then leave the shop and place an order with grabagun.com, you are screwing the LGS.

This is one of the things that's killing Best Buy right now. People go into Best Buy, look at those big flat screen TVs, ask the clerk questions, then leave the store and place their order with Amazon. Best Buy gets the expense of owning (or leasing) and operating a building, having merchandise on display, and staffing the store with employees, but gets none of the profit from the sale. Same with the LGS.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    If you go to your LGS to examine your prospective purchase, handle the gun, take the LGS clerk's time, then leave the shop and place an order with grabagun.com, you are screwing the LGS.

This is one of the things that's killing Best Buy right now. People go into Best Buy, look at those big flat screen TVs, ask the clerk questions, then leave the store and place their order with Amazon. Best Buy gets the expense of owning (or leasing) and operating a building, having merchandise on display, and staffing the store with employees, but gets none of the profit from the sale. Same with the LGS.

Best Buy will price match Amazon.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne

I understand your sentiment, but how do you handle a $50-100 price difference? For my recent purchase from Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore I wanted a specific make and model firearm. The only shop near the Fort to have one was in Auburn. I drove there to check out the weapon. I liked what I had read, but I had never handled or fired one. The LGS had two models, one all metal and one polymer. The metal frame was almost $100 more than the unit I purchased online. There were minor cosmetic differences, but not enough to warrant the price difference. The LGS folks were kind, considerate, and helpful. But $100 takes a few hours of work to earn. Hard to come by for sure.

What would you do?

Anyone remember using the Sears catalogue? It was a major retailer, especially for those living on the western plains, a few years ago. Sears did not go under, or struggle, until recently. Did the online sales bring them down, or was it shoddy product, bad styles, and poor management?

Bottom line, it is my money and I worked hard to get it. I need to use it wisely. Don't you?

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    The flip side of that is a LGS charges a fee to perform the transfer from Buds/Grabagun/wherever and doesn't have to carry as much inventory, which ties up capital and requires cubic feet to display/store.

Availability being equal (which it almost never is), I consider LGS pricing and sales tax vs. online purchase cost and transfer fee as part of my value proposition. I'm happy to pay a premium to a LGS, but sometimes the delta can be north of $100.

Top Bottom