• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    no better time to start or keep buying, as for me start. only high power i have is a moisn, time to get a ar in the near future.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Boys, I've been saying for months now that WE have to keep buying everything we can afford because a different day may be coming in 4 years. The Dumbocrats can't stand what is going on and are going to regroup in a way we have never seen before. Push positive legislation, buy ammo and arms. Gotta keep the train rollin'!

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I look at it this way. He is not bad for gun sales. He saved gun sales and at least there are gun sales right now.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I know the firearms industry may hate it, but isn't this really more of a return to what should be a normal market? The market was at least partially inflated because every time there was a mass shooting (whether terrorist conducted/inspired or not), the former President, and his chorus of stooge Democratic legislators, would start beating the drum of gun control, thus inflating sales, and prices right along with them, to unusual levels.

I plan on continuing to buy at a reasonable rate, just for less money.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Since when has buying just to buy a bad thing? Buy it cheap and stack it deep. Wait a bit and the distributors will have to blow out the inventory.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    A Trump Administration is not "bad" per se for the firearms industry. Instead of the price spikes, ammunition shortages, panic buying, and political pressure on the industry the current Administration will hopefully help create a stable environment for the firearms industry, which will help drive R&D as investors are less likely to be fearful of encroaching government regulation harming their financial interests.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Makes sense. I bought hot and heavy up until Election day. Slowed down quite a bit to recoup funds. I'm liking the prices I've seen though.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I think a great contribution we can make to the shooting sports and second amendment is to keep introducing new people to firearms. I am going to help my friend start the ltch application process

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I'm ok with affordable and obtainable ammo. Even some of the match grade 22 ammo is being found on sale. And instead of trying to justify an overpriced AR, I'm buying the target guns that I really wanted to begin with. Affordable guns and ammo is ultimately good for dealers.

TangoSierraEcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Monroe County
    I don't believe at all that the market correction the article talks about has anything to do with Trump per se, at least not directly. The fact is that the fear we have been living under is effectively gone. There is a pro 2nd amendment president in the white house and a republican controlled house and senate. If anything we will hopefully see a roll back on carry restrictions, background checks, and NFA requirements all of which should help the industry. I've adjusted what my shop is buying from distributors from an AR focus to a conceal carry focus. This isn't to say we won't carry ARs it just means that when I spend money on inventory I'm going to focus on what is selling right now and right now concealability seems to be what customers are demanding.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So if Trump is bad for the firearm industry, with sales tumbling, you would think the gun-haters would be thrilled he was elected. :D :D :D :D Sound of liberal heads exploding... :D :D :D

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I believe it is going to be painful in the short term for the whole industry as fear induced purchasing pressure has evaporated. Fortunately for us all, there has been plenty of expansion in the base of gun purchasers in the last few years, from Tommy Tacticals to Fudds to Joe Average. This widened base will continue to support sufficient sales to keep the most skillful merchants and manufacturers in business.
    In the long term I think we'll see a slow and steady expansion of the whole base, as long as we continue to keep up pressure against the left and continue to make sure we control the dialogue, and expose and reject the left''s lies.

DaveM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I wouldn't dare say we're out of the woods yet as far as gun rights go. Trump is finding out very quickly what politics is like. He's being stopped or stalled with every move he makes, so I suspect any pro-gun movement will be met with the same troubles. You also have a ton of anti-gun legislators and judges left over from the previous administration who still hold a lot of clout. I get worried that people are settling into complacency, don't do that.

POB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    The Dumbocrats can't stand what is going on and are going to regroup in a way we have never seen before.

They are too busy bashing Trump to regroup. As long as they keep it up and Trump makes just half happen what he said he would do, we will be in there again in 4.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I wouldn't say he's bad for gun sales he simply lacks the ability to be as good for them as Dems were when they were in control.

Top Bottom