• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Dearborn County
    I am half way though the movie "Battle for Sevastopol" and recommend it. It is about the Russian sniper Lyudmila Pavlichenko. It is available streaming on Amazon.

Paul

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    I found it to be more of a love story than a war movie. I pretty much just skimmed it. I was really let down too because it looked like an epic war movie.

If you're looking for a kick ass Russian war movie, try to find one called "Svolochi" - it's basically the Dirty Dozen with little Soviet bastards.

Colt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Dearborn County
    I found it to be more of a love story than a war movie. I pretty much just skimmed it. I was really let down too because it looked like an epic war movie.

If you're looking for a kick ass Russian war movie, try to find one called "Svolochi" - it's basically the Dirty Dozen with little Soviet bastards.

Not saying one movie is better than the other, but it's an apples and oranges comparison. One is reasonably accurate historically, while the other is pure fiction.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

The irony being the Soviets used penal battalions for all sorts of dirty work, like clearing minefields, etc. Rather doubt the movie puts this in context, or?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm watching it now. Watched it before.
    It's a bit of a pain, cause I like to INGO while watching. Can't do that with subtitles.

One thing I'd like to point out, she didn't want to be a sniper. She wanted to be in school.
    Big Government said she didn't have a choice, or rather that, she'd rather NOT turn them down on the marksmanship school.

Top Bottom