• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Porsche911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2015
    United States
    Thanks Jeremiah. I thought that is what it meant. I saw a couple posts for people selling and wanted to see it. Is that the standard practice? I will be selling a couple guns soon.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    You can also ask to see their drivers license instead, the LTCH is a license to carry Not a license to buy. If an indiana resident is over 21 and not a felon they can legally buy a firearm to my understanding. Also if it is a private sale I believe an 18 year old can purchase firearms as long as they are also an indiana resident and not a felon or otherwise.

I am not a representative of the law do your homework prior to all sales.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Also known as a Larry.

It is a permission slip required by the state of Indiana to exercise a fundamental right which is prohibited by law here.

I would never ask for or require it for any private sale. I despise its very existence.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Also known as a Larry.

It is a permission slip required by the state of Indiana to exercise a fundamental right which is prohibited by law here.

I would never ask for or require it for any private sale. I despise its very existence.

Agree wholeheartedly, I follow the laws enforced by the BATF. I sure don't believe we gun owners should add more. The BATF requirement is that a private (non-FFL licensed person) can sell to any other private person as long as they are of legal age (18 in Indiana), a resident of the same state, and that the seller does NOT KNOW OR HAVE REASONABLE DOUBT THAT THE BUYER IS NOT LEGAL TO POSSESS A FIREARM. Obviously I don't believe anyone that is at this site would sell to anyone that they know or believe is not legal to possess and there is really no way a "private citizen" can determine if the person is not a felon or has another cause that prevents him / her from being legal, you are not responsible for selling to anyone you believe is legal.

I personally know many people that are completely legal but that don't have a carry license, Hunters, target shooters, homeowners etc.. If someone I am purchasing from requires me to show mine I will decline to buy from them even though I have my lifetime and a collector's
    FFL-03 license. I truly believe we as gun-owners should be promoting, not discouraging the ownership of firearms.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Has anyone mentioned LTCH is License To Carry a Handgun??

I thought it was Long Term Care Hospital. :dunno:

Agree wholeheartedly, I follow the laws enforced by the BATF. I sure don't believe we gun owners should add more...

Larry gets it. :yesway:

Now, please tell me your last name is not Cary. If it is, have you ever considered changing your first name to Constitutional?

How about Open? ;)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ryandeleeuw340
    Top Bottom