• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    This place is AWESOME!! Went here today with the family and a buddy. Membership is $50 for us for a year. That alone is worth it. A great pistol bay that we were able to set up some barriers and multiple targets to shoot at. A nice rifle range that was 150 yards with multiple distances in between. The owner was at the registration area and he seemed a great guy. Again, this place was great and will now be my go to range. It is in Brazil so for some it might be a drive but being in Plainfield it was only about 45 min for me. So for any out there considering taking a trip out there, DO IT!!!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We had a meet-n-shoot down there last year. It was worth the 4 hour drive. Very nice range and a super nice owner.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Well, this thread reminded me that I've been meaning to get out there and sign up for a membership.

Since today was beautiful outside and I happened to have the day off, I trucked on out to Brazil and grabbed myself a Premium Adult membership. Only $50 for a year is a great deal for a range membership. I talked with Don for a bit and then headed down to the South range to do some shooting.

Definite Pluses for Proteq:

1. Full auto is allowed, in both pistol and rifle caliber. This is one of the few outdoor ranges I've found within a decent driving distance of Indy to allow that (there a few that allow pistol caliber full auto, or full auto on certain special days).

2. 150 yard range, with plans to extend out to 500 yards (not sure on the time frame there), with an extensive set up of steel targets in bays for Cowboy Action shooting.

3. Don is extremely INGO friendly, hosting at least 2 open shoots for INGO members each year.

4. Finally, and this might just apply to me and a very few others, Don approved some limited black powder artillery live fire out on the range (it's in a little valley with hills surrounding it). Now, don't take that to mean you should just show up with your 12 pounder and start blasting, so make sure you talk with Don first to get his approval on your particular gun. So, I'm really hoping to have my 2" Whitworth up and running by the Spring INGO shoot out there.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well, this thread reminded me that I've been meaning to get out there and sign up for a membership.

Since today was beautiful outside and I happened to have the day off, I trucked on out to Brazil and grabbed myself a Premium Adult membership. Only $50 for a year is a great deal for a range membership. I talked with Don for a bit and then headed down to the South range to do some shooting.

Definite Pluses for Proteq:

1. Full auto is allowed, in both pistol and rifle caliber. This is one of the few outdoor ranges I've found within a decent driving distance of Indy to allow that (there a few that allow pistol caliber full auto, or full auto on certain special days).

2. 150 yard range, with plans to extend out to 500 yards (not sure on the time frame there), with an extensive set up of steel targets in bays for Cowboy Action shooting.

3. Don is extremely INGO friendly, hosting at least 2 open shoots for INGO members each year.

4. Finally, and this might just apply to me and a very few others, Don approved some limited black powder artillery live fire out on the range (it's in a little valley with hills surrounding it). Now, don't take that to mean you should just show up with your 12 pounder and start blasting, so make sure you talk with Don first to get his approval on your particular gun. So, I'm really hoping to have my 2" Whitworth up and running by the Spring INGO shoot out there.

That reminds me of two things...

I need to get my membership renewed
    I need to talk to Don to schedule the spring shoot (if he will have us back).

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Sorry to revive an old thread guys. I might be going down to Terre Haute tomorrow to meet up with my brother for a range day. I was just wondering if prone shooting is allowed at the 150 yard rifle range and if they have steel targets for pistols?
    Also do you have to be a member to use the range? Thanks

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    Sorry to revive an old thread guys. I might be going down to Terre Haute tomorrow to meet up with my brother for a range day. I was just wondering if prone shooting is allowed at the 150 yard rifle range and if they have steel targets for pistols?

Yes on prone and being a member. He had steel at rifle ranges, not sure if he ever put any out for pistol this year.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I looked at some information on his website, it looks like a membership will only cost me $10 since i only plan to use the west side and I am also a student
    Maybe he will give me an ingo discount haha

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg

You do have to be a member to shoot, but at $50 for a premium membership and $25 for standard, it's pretty reasonable, even if you sign up and only use it once or twice.

Im pretty sure prone shooting is allowed. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be (I've never been to an outdoor range that didn't allow it).

There is an extensive set up of steel target bays on the premium range (lead ammo only, no jacketed rounds).

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    Prone is welcome on the South Valley. It's a little difficult on the West Valley because of the ground contour. Plus you need to be alone since the only prone location in the WEST Valley is IN FRONT of the shooting line. Pistol Steel is in place at the Performance Center (the C.A.R. - Combat Action Range) in the South Valley. Projectile composition is a factor for this close target range. Frangible is safest and FMJ is the most risky. ALL NEAR the C.A.R. must wear safety glasses (shooters and lookers). Membership is required to be on the range EXCEPT for special events like INGO Day. I dealt with MANY variations of discounted, first day, or guest passes for YEARS and got RAPED by every variation, so I ENDED the concept. You Don't go free to the common Restaurant, Gas Station, Movies, or Grocery store, so there is NO REASON to expect it at a rare location like a Gun Range. I do allow PREMIUM members to host a Standard member on the South Valley as a form of advertising, but nobody is allowed without signing the paperwork (Range Release) and paying to play. As the South Valley continues to expand and improve there will be price increases, but they'll follow the increase in capabilities and opportunities provided by that location. Eventually I hope to have 50+ shooting lanes (of various types) open to the Premium Members in that South Valley Complex. Time, money, and health will be the deciding factor in accomplishing that goal.

Top Bottom