• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    So, to sum up the article the Constitution is old (yet the author is enjoying free speech) and should be ignored, and if there was no violence we wouldn't need weapons.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    First thing that caught my eye: Iowa State University. Next thing was you'd think this ranting individual had never taken a history class. There was a lot of violence before firearms, no utopia. This is someone surrounded by others with the exact same world-view and they can't see that they're blaming Boeing for 9/11.

I realize I need to get out of my comfort zone to get the 87% to join our side on issues such as Constitutional Carry (props to Brother Bill 3 on that). I hope this ISU asshat is in the 10% and not the 87%.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    If guns are so dangerous to gun owners, why don't we buy guns for all the criminals?

They would kill off themselves. (Quoted from another source, not my original....still good).[/COLOR]

Don

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I understand that there are people who say that they feel they need the protection of a gun in order to stay safe on a daily basis. Some neighborhoods are like that. I have the privilege of not knowing what that is like. It is unfortunate that there are situations like those that leave people resorting to guns in order to protect themselves and their families.

So, he's not in that situation, but he wants to tell people in that situation what to do...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, he pretty much lost me at the second sentence. Why do I get the feeling he looks something like this?

Pajama-Boy-258x300.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    [FONT=&amp][/FONT][FONT=&amp][/FONT][FONT=&amp]Sandy Hook, Pulse night club, Columbine, Virginia Tech, San Bernardino, Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood — the list goes on and on. Whether perpetrated by the mentally ill, terrorists or influenced by violent media, these shootings happened.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp][/FONT][FONT=&amp]​All places where guns were prohibited pursuant to his utopia.[/FONT]

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    If guns weren't so easily accessible to us, there would arguably be less suicides and homicides.

BS! I've had people who killed themselves with drugs, knives, cars, jumping, circular saws,drowning and on and on.

Outlawing heroin sure stopped the problem....

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    BS! I've had people who killed themselves with drugs, knives, cars, jumping, circular saws,drowning and on and on.

Outlawing heroin sure stopped the problem....

Japan comes to mind, pretty much no gun ownership, lots of suicides.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I was reading the one comment rebuttal to his article. If you want someone that is not already on our side to read your rebuttal and learn from it you need to learn to drop all of the name calling. There were a lot of good points made in the comment, but people are going to just write it off as some right wing gun nut the second they see "lefty looneys", "boob bait for lefties", etc.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was reading the one comment rebuttal to his article. If you want someone that is not already on our side to read your rebuttal and learn from it you need to learn to drop all of the name calling. There were a lot of good points made in the comment, but people are going to just write it off as some right wing gun nut the second they see "lefty looneys", "boob bait for lefties", etc.
    Good observation KLB. Our side has the stats to back up what we say. We don't need name calling, that's what the antis do since that's all they got.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This "Constitution is outdated" thing is of course utter nonsense. First, I just have to point out the hypocrisy of the left to cling to this "outdated" constitution for "protection" from the guy they didn't vote for because he wants to do things they don't agree with. But at the same time, this document that protects them from opposing ideas is obsolete when it protects other people from THEIR ideas. But never mind the hypocrisy. This is about obsolescence.

Twenty seven times in our history "We the People" believed the constitution was outdated or incorrect or incomplete enough that it needed to be amended. It is a document of the people, changeable by the people, to be whatever the sufficient aggregation of individuals in "We the People" want. So it *could* accommodate his whims--if his whims passed the test to make it into the constitution.

Our forefathers wanted to make sure that the constitution could be altered to avoid obsolescence, but true "obsolescence" is not the whim of a few ideologues. They made it intentionally hard enough to change such that it takes very wide support to do it. The best way to know when a constitutional precept is obsolete, is when it can pass the muster to change it by the book. So in other words, it is obsolete when "We the People" say it is. If the constitution doesn't say what you want, and you can't pass the muster to get it changed to what you want, then by definition, it ain't obsolete.

But, because it can't be amended at the whim of just a few ideologues, the relatively few people ideologues who want it to be different use whatever means they can to get their way. Sometimes they dupe the public into demanding the change (successfully accomplished with prohibition, for a time). Sometimes they use the courts to redefine the existing precepts of the constitution into the meaning they want. Sometimes they avoid the inconvenience of the constitution by trying to convince the public to go along with discarding the constitution altogether. Seems this guy is going for the latter.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Who cares what some college newspaper writer thinks?

I read plenty of poorly-reasoned nonsense (much on this particular topic) in the Purdue Excrement during my four years in West Lafayette and surprisingly, no minds were ever changed by the authors' POVs or the numerous rebuttals that showed up a day or two later in Opinions.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Good observation KLB. Our side has the stats to back up what we say. We don't need name calling, that's what the antis do since that's all they got.

I thought the same thing.
    Guy made a lot of good points. But I'm sure they were lost because of the frequent insults.

Anyone think of replying?

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I thought the same thing.
    Guy made a lot of good points. But I'm sure they were lost because of the frequent insults.

Anyone think of replying?

I thought of it. But it requires facebook. :xmad:

I just know it's a matter of time before I break down.

Top Bottom