• BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Gun show was a bust. But the surplus store down the street......WOW
    They are probably not an advertiser, but you have got to see this place if you're near.
    Gun parts, reloading bullets, powder,surplus boots,bayonets,pretty much an old time surplus store.
    West of town on State Road 45. 4700 block. Just took the one picture. Lots of instructional models. BAR,AR,m37? grenade launcher. Law tubes and RPG models. You know, cool stuff.
    I have no financial interest in this store. Just a heads up.

2ilio1w.jpg

Last edited:

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    HEY! Keep it down man, the others will hear you. As it happens, I am stopping in today looking for something that they may have. Nice guys. I picked up a used Lee turret press there about a year ago for a good price.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Everyone in the area knows about Trail Dust. Their pricing is slightly higher than the bigger operations, but the gent keeps stock on the shelves. In years past, they have had primers when others didn't.

I have bought powders and dies in a pinch there. Not to mention, many thousand primers.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I'll second that they are a good store with overall good prices (maybe 5% higher on powders/primers) than avg big box prices.
    I liked giving them my business when i lived in the area.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Trail Dust has one of the best selections of ammo bar none... And when all the crap hit the fan a few years ago, he keep the ammo level high. Now price wise he is a tad higher then a box store...but not as bad as some gun shops...

Also he has a good amount of slings and stripper clips for all makes of firearms..

8shot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    If you wanted to call it that, a gun show, 3 vendors with guns, They should of give back your $5.00 If I wanted to look at household cleaning stuff I would of went to Dollar general. :noway:

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    If you wanted to call it that, a gun show, 3 vendors with guns, They should of give back your $5.00 If I wanted to look at household cleaning stuff I would of went to Dollar general. :noway:
    Well, there is that. But, did you see the Russian Makarov with the tell tale rust on the muzzle?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Wow I live so close and missed out on this one. Sounds like i didnt miss much. I regularly purchase my self defense ammo at traildust simply because im sure he will have what im lookin for.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    What does the rusty muzzle indicate?
    It looked very much like blood spatter. I have a Remington 1100 with verified blood spatter. Most people wont even hold it. Was letting a friend shoot it, and when I told him what happened to it. He laid it on the ground and walked away. Some folks are touchy about that sort of thing.

Top Bottom