• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    I don't know if that picture is generic or the actual product. If so the look like sgm Tactical mags from the package. I order some SGM mags last week should/maybe be here by Friday. I hope!

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    I think this is more a case of overly aggressive trademark protection by Glock than "fake" mags.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think this is more a case of overly aggressive trademark protection by Glock than "fake" mags.

If they're not made by Glock, and they are using the Glock logo then they're counterfeit (fake). Seems pretty cut and dried to me (assuming that it is an exact copy of the logo and not just a very similar logo).

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    If they're not made by Glock, and they are using the Glock logo then they're counterfeit (fake). Seems pretty cut and dried to me (assuming that it is an exact copy of the logo and not just a very similar logo).
    The photos I have seen show the manufacturer's logo (stylized SGM) and "GLOCK magazine 9mm" in smaller plain text.
    No stylized Glock logo. No confusion as to manufacturer.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The photos I have seen show the manufacturer's logo (stylized SGM) and "GLOCK magazine 9mm" in smaller plain text.
    No stylized Glock logo. No confusion as to manufacturer.

Ah, okay. The article made it sound like they had used Glock's logo. I agree if they're just labeled as Glock magazines (as in "will fit a Glock handgun") that it may have been a little over aggressive.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I wish they had some more photos or something... Some of the fakes are super close, and you can't tell a difference but I'd be interested to see some of them.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    The way I read it, it's that they used the glock logo without permission. not intending to market them as glock-made (counterfeit) but glock-compabible but with the logo (copyright infringement).

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Maybe they can start seizing some of the fake Magpul stuff out there too!
    Dan

I stick to reputable sources for all my accessories. I didn't even know there was a thing as knock off magpul until the last couple years when someone I know got a knock off set of sights.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I stick to reputable sources for all my accessories. I didn't even know there was a thing as knock off magpul until the last couple years when someone I know got a knock off set of sights.

Yeah, especially on ebay... if you see a set of MBUS sights for $9.99 that's a red flag - they're made for airsoft guns.

Top Bottom