• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Just curious if any of you have heard of this problem? I purchased an A17, upon sighting it in, the 18th shot failed to eject? I manually removed the casing and then FTF. Eject FTF. Noticeable slop in the trigger assembly. I tried another brand of ammo, FTF.

Removed the dust cover and checked out the inards of the action. Noticed an angled piece. Closer examination revealed that the trigger housing assembly (plastic fused to metal) had broke. The back wall is offset about 3/16". Called Savage and they sent me a return label.

Was using the CCI A17 ammo.

Curious if Savage will repair or send a new rifle.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I was totally excited about the A17 release...kept watching and waiting for them to come out....once they came out I really wanted to get one but was patient because a started hearing whispers of problems!

Glad I held out. I haven't heard of anyone having great luck with them? Could be wrong but that has been what I have been picking up.

Someday someone will truly get the 17 to function in a semi auto.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    My A17 at first was Horrible, FTE FTF, some solid strikes that didnt go bang, THEN i switched from premium winchester ammo, to the cheapest cci ammo walmart had at the time i stopped by , and all of a sudden it runs like a champ. So the old adage, some ammo shoots better in some guns is still so true. I used to have a bolt, but everyone said it was too slow :rolleyes: .

Top Bottom