• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    I was just thinking of this possibility. Big R plans to open a store in the other K Mart building at the North side.
    I wonder if it will take years for them to carry firearms like the South store?

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Whattt? That can't possibly be.
    Haven't ya heard, there's gonna be a Waterpark up there for the next decade or until the $ runs out, whichever comes first.
    That 'plaza' has serious egress issues and no matter who goes in; it will never perform to full potential so long as the bottleneck remains.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Anyone old enough to remember when there was a Big R on S. Nappanee near Franklin?

Anyhoo, A Rural King would be great, but I'll take a Big R if they're offering. My wife worked in that K Mart one summer when we were in college. It was near new then.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    Anyone old enough to remember when there was a Big R on S. Nappanee near Franklin?

Anyhoo, A Rural King would be great, but I'll take a Big R if they're offering. My wife worked in that K Mart one summer when we were in college. It was near new then.

Yes I remember, and the Farm and Fleet/Fleet Supply before that.
    RK and Big R seem to have separate territories

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Meh, we already have one by the Concord Mall. But better than having yet another empty retail store sitting empty.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Meh, we already have one by the Concord Mall. But better than having yet another empty retail store sitting empty.

When that was a K-Mart and I was in singe digits, we'd sometimes get lunch at the K-Mart cafeteria when spending a long day shopping blue-light specials. Concord Mall was a little rich for our blood...but I liked going there to see the fountain.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Mom worked at a Kmart in Kokomo when I was little. The Kmart cafeteria was most excellent. They used to have a bunch of balloons and you could get a discount on your ice cream sundae.

MCINDIANA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Michigan City
    I am not impressed by the Big R in Michigan City. Tried to get a price match on ammo awhile back and the clerk said they did not match sale prices, only regular prices???

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

I remember that place.

I pass the RK in Niles everyday on the way to work so I do stop in often.

Ballistix

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2016
    Next Door
    When that was a K-Mart and I was in singe digits, we'd sometimes get lunch at the K-Mart cafeteria when spending a long day shopping blue-light specials. Concord Mall was a little rich for our blood...but I liked going there to see the fountain.

Wow! That thing hasn't been operational for something like 25 years, maybe more.

What happened to the outlet mall that was going to take that whole area? The water park was a joke from the beginning, just like what they are doing to the Y.
    Big R won't do any better than the K Mart did. Elkhart is a dump and nothing new wants to establish in Elkhart, especially at North Point. Elkhart finally got a Qdoba and it went to crap very quickly. Everyone goes to Mishawaka and sometimes they don't even do well there.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Wow! That thing hasn't been operational for something like 25 years, maybe more.

What happened to the outlet mall that was going to take that whole area? The water park was a joke from the beginning, just like what they are doing to the Y.
    Big R won't do any better than the K Mart did. Elkhart is a dump and nothing new wants to establish in Elkhart, especially at North Point. Elkhart finally got a Qdoba and it went to crap very quickly. Everyone goes to Mishawaka and sometimes they don't even do well there.

25 years? I was 21 and had moved to Grand Rapids by then. I remember the fountain at Concord Mall from more like around 40 years ago. I actually liked it best when the drained the water and filled it with cotton batting for Christmas.

Top Bottom