Any Hamilton County Fish & Game members?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Any here a member? I wouldn't mind checking out the grounds one day and possibly becoming a member. Post up or shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I did a Revere's Riders rifle shoot there last fall. I can't say I saw much beyond the small 25 yard rifle bay but I enjoyed my short time there.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I also did a RR shoot there and spoke to RT (iirc club pres) about membership. He stated at the time that hcfg was not taking on new memberships. That was 11months ago, so things may have changed.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I had considered joining a few years ago, but the process to obtain membership seemed a little more involved than I care to deal with.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I haven't been there or been a member there for years (just as they finished expanding their rifle range to beyond 100 yards).
    Big pro is that they are one of the few places around central Indiana that you can shoot rifle. Great place, I just didn't end up going enough to justify the yearly cost or work/help requirements. It's not that either was that much, I just didn't have the life/time margin to justify it.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I'd be interested in possibly checking it out. My wife and I just bought a house in Noblesville not terribly far from there. Getting a sponsor sounds a little difficult though.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    They seem regarding themselves very highly:

Any citizen of the United States may apply to become a member of Hamilton County Fish & Game Association. However, as we are reaching our membership capacity, you must have history with an existing member and they must sponsor your application. This is prior to, and in addition to, the vote of the Executive Committee and membership after doing the following:

Complete the Application for Membership in full

Possess or Obtain a Current National Rifle Association Membership

Possess Indiana LTCH or Obtain a paid Indiana State Police limited criminal history check

Sign a Release of Liability Form

Successfully complete the HCFG Safety Orientation

Attend Three (3) Club Meetings

Attend One (1) Club Event

Attend One (1) Club Work Detail

Pay your Yearly Dues at the appropriate Rate

Be Voted-in by Active Club Members and Executive Committee

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I was a member for several years. Finally gave up the place was ever going to be more than a mud hole. They major in the minors. If you join let us know if they ever hosed out the clubhouse.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I'm in the area but I shoot at Elwood (short trip up 37). Joining ECC was a lot simpler plus they have an archery range for my son. I wish they had a 200+ yard range, but the 100 yard works most of the time. They had to close new memberships for now. Like any club, it's not perfect but I enjoy it.

I'd be interested in possibly checking it out. My wife and I just bought a house in Noblesville not terribly far from there. Getting a sponsor sounds a little difficult though.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I'm in the area but I shoot at Elwood (short trip up 37). Joining ECC was a lot simpler plus they have an archery range for my son. I wish they had a 200+ yard range, but the 100 yard works most of the time. They had to close new memberships for now. Like any club, it's not perfect but I enjoy it.

I'll have to look into that one too. Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep an eye out for when they open up new membership.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

Did you know the club owns over 50 acres there?
    If enough members would show up at the meeting we easily could outvote the Geritol crowd and modernize the club. A 200 yard range could easily fit multiple places of the property.
    We just never seem to get enough members to go to the meeting and if they do eventually show up, they will not engage in the conversation on the floor with something they want the club to do.
    We have been arguing for months of something as simple as pouring a concrete pad under the new roof on the 50-75 yard range. Not to mention the 3" + rock that was put down in the range parking lot.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I'll have to look into that one too. Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep an eye out for when they open up new membership.

Keep you eyes on this thread, either bocefus or myself I'm sure will post here when membership opens back up. We need to lose about a hundred members I believe?
    Membership goes from the month you join till the end of same month the next year.
    So the numbers will drop most likely every month.

If you would like to see and shoot at Elwood post here or PM me and we will figure out a day & time to meet there.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Did you know the club owns over 50 acres there?
    If enough members would show up at the meeting we easily could outvote the Geritol crowd and modernize the club. A 200 yard range could easily fit multiple places of the property.
    We just never seem to get enough members to go to the meeting and if they do eventually show up, they will not engage in the conversation on the floor with something they want the club to do.
    We have been arguing for months of something as simple as pouring a concrete pad under the new roof on the 50-75 yard range. Not to mention the 3" + rock that was put down in the range parking lot.

I need to start showing up for those. I would like to see a 200 open.

Top Bottom