• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well you have one organization that I have never heard a politician say anything about one way or another. The media never runs articles about it demonizing them for being the roadblock to any gun control. You never hear it talked about as the puppet master of GOP pols. The media has complained about one of them striking fear in all the politicians in middle America. Which organization is it that the leftist Dems complain about all the time? Which organization that leftist witches cursed? They are hated by them because they are effective. The other one is ignored because they aren't.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    My 2 cents: The GOA does much that you don't hear about in the media since they are smaller and younger so the media doesn't reference on them much. The NRA is the biggest and oldest so it receives more media coverage. You don't expect the mainstream media to do any research do you? I have heard many good things about GOA but it's in the conservative outlets, especially blogs. Personally, I donate to both and NAGR too, but I am tiring of NAGR's constant hype and daily begging for money. Will probably concentrate my $ on NRA and GOA.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My 2 cents: The GOA does much that you don't hear about in the media since they are smaller and younger so the media doesn't reference on them much. The NRA is the biggest and oldest so it receives more media coverage. You don't expect the mainstream media to do any research do you? I have heard many good things about GOA but it's in the conservative outlets, especially blogs. Personally, I donate to both and NAGR too, but I am tiring of NAGR's constant hype and daily begging for money. Will probably concentrate my $ on NRA and GOA.

By all means, support who you so desire, but I am stumped that the tiny, ineffective GOA is "head and shoulders" above the NRA.

GOA posts an announcement about an NRA bill after the NRA announced it and suddenly it is all glory to the GOA? I don't understand.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Not saying that GOA is "head and shoulders" above the NRA. Just think they do some good in our fight. Have not altered my support of NRA, just added GOA in addition to it thinking two allies are better than one. Will continue to be as NRA backer.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Not saying that GOA is "head and shoulders" above the NRA. Just think they do some good in our fight. Have not altered my support of NRA, just added GOA in addition to it thinking two allies are better than one. Will continue to be as NRA backer.

I am all for many flags against the enemy, but "head and shoulders" above is the language of the OP, not you, sir.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've yet to get a spam mailing from GOA. Of course, I haven't gotten any mailing from them, so...

You do realize you can opt out of NRA mailing with one simple phone call, don't you?
    Why do so many people bellyache about this?
    Don't want to give? DON'T!
    Don't want mailings? Opt out!

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    You do realize you can opt out of NRA mailing with one simple phone call, don't you?
    Why do so many people bellyache about this?
    Don't want to give? DON'T!
    Don't want mailings? Opt out!

Miscommunication. The mailings don't particularly bother me. I meant mostly to point out the GOAs inability to reach people.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    By all means, support who you so desire, but I am stumped that the tiny, ineffective GOA is "head and shoulders" above the NRA.

GOA posts an announcement about an NRA bill after the NRA announced it and suddenly it is all glory to the GOA? I don't understand.

GOA sends emails and mailers monthly, or oftentimes more frequently, in regards to legislation involving gun rights, and the only thing NRA sends is donation requests. I`m a Life-Endowment NRA member, and have been a member for more than 38 years, but IMO, GOA is head and shoulders better than NRA.

Top Bottom