• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    If it all went down like the story says, dad has no liability. I can understand the daughter thinking she will get in trouble for sneaking a boy in, but to let her dad shoot someone because neither one of the knuckleheads spoke up, that's a terrible situation.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    We all know how lacking in judgment and self-restraint most teenagers are, but this is a whole new level of stupid.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Didn't we see this exact situation just a couple of years ago?
    I seem to recall all but the identical story just a few years ago.
    Young girl snuck boyfriend in, dad finds and shoots him.
    I think he may have shot the teen in the daughters bedroom.

Stupid is strong in teenagers.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Bad decision (or impulse control) day. But a 17yr old with a 14yr old...dad might have shot him anyway (or given him a good whuppin), maybe that's why he hid and then tried running; he knew what he deserved and was likely to be on the receiving end of.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Why stay in the room, there were no windows? Heck, I have had to make a jump from my fair share of bedroom windows, at least up to the 2nd floor. and that was before I knew what a PLF was!! Still my condolences to both families for a lack of judgement. I would not call it stupid, simply panic. He was definitely too old for a 14 year old girl, but that is no reason for a death penalty.
    As a dad with daughters, I would have done the same thing. and if he hadn't run, he would have wished he had. Would of beat his ass, at least until the police and ambulance came.

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Why stay in the room, there were no windows? Heck, I have had to make a jump from my fair share of bedroom windows, at least up to the 2nd floor. and that was before I knew what a PLF was!! Still my condolences to both families for a lack of judgement. I would not call it stupid, simply panic. He was definitely too old for a 14 year old girl, but that is no reason for a death penalty.
    As a dad with daughters, I would have done the same thing. and if he hadn't run, he would have wished he had. Would of beat his ass, at least until the police and ambulance came.[/QUOTE

Most people won't know what a PLF is. Parachute Landing Fall. If you went to jump school in Fort Benning, GA you would have learned how to land under a chute without breaking something. Those T10 chutes just got you to the ground alive but not necessarily able to walk away. Are they still using the T10?

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    As a dad with daughters, I would have done the same thing. and if he hadn't run, he would have wished he had. Would of beat his ass, at least until the police and ambulance came.[/QUOTE

Most people won't know what a PLF is. Parachute Landing Fall. If you went to jump school in Fort Benning, GA you would have learned how to land under a chute without breaking something. Those T10 chutes just got you to the ground alive but not necessarily able to walk away. Are they still using the T10?

I recall when I first became familiar with this term.

I was the founding vice-president of the Law Enforcement Alliance of America (originally Law Enforcement For Preservation of the Second Amendment), a group of militantly pro-gun cops.

Our president tasked me to attend the Soldier of Fortune Convention and deliver an address at the organization's banquet.

One night I was bending my elbow in comradeship with a notably salty group of Viet Nam vets in a small glass-enclosed bar at the hotel poolside. If anyone was experiencing any pain it was not in evidence. One of my new companions arose and announced that the company would now do "naked PLF's." To my surprise, the vets rose as a body and proceeded to remove every stitch of their clothing. They then climbed onto the bar, formed a stick, and leaped through the door of the bar, landing and rolling out to the poolside. Owing to the late hour there were no other hotel patrons within eyeshot to be offended by the performance. The company then returned to their duds and libations and we carried on as before.

As I was there as an official rep of LEAA, and as I had not yet retired and my department took a dim view of off-duty conduct that might "bring disrepute" upon the organization (particularly in view of the fact that they were by this time actively gunning for me), I did not take an active role in the exercise.

I did, however, hold the door open as my bare-assed buds rolled by.

As to the thread topic, all I can say is that Darwinism performs a valuable and needed role in our society.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I recall when I first became familiar with this term.

I was the founding vice-president of the Law Enforcement Alliance of America (originally Law Enforcement For Preservation of the Second Amendment), a group of militantly pro-gun cops.

Our president tasked me to attend the Soldier of Fortune Convention and deliver an address at the organization's banquet.

One night I was bending my elbow in comradeship with a notably salty group of Viet Nam vets in a small glass-enclosed bar at the hotel poolside. If anyone was experiencing any pain it was not in evidence. One of my new companions arose and announced that the company would now do "naked PLF's." To my surprise, the vets rose as a body and proceeded to remove every stitch of their clothing. They then climbed onto the bar, formed a stick, and leaped through the door of the bar, landing and rolling out to the poolside. Owing to the late hour there were no other hotel patrons within eyeshot to be offended by the performance. The company then returned to their duds and libations and we carried on as before.

As I was there as an official rep of LEAA, and as I had not yet retired and my department took a dim view of off-duty conduct that might "bring disrepute" upon the organization (particularly in view of the fact that they were by this time actively gunning for me), I did not take an active role in the exercise.

I did, however, hold the door open as my bare-assed buds rolled by.

As to the thread topic, all I can say is that Darwinism performs a valuable and needed role in our society.

As much as I laughed reading this was it really necessary to share?:laugh::runaway:

Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    Army is using the T-11 now https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-11_parachute I went to jump school in May of 1974 before the anti-inversion net was added to the T-10 to prevent the Dreaded May West , the second point of performance was an important thing to do. Had a Cadet in my class crash and burn on his fifth jump caused by the May West and not paying attention to the Blackhats on the DZ with bullhorns saying " Jumper with a Malfunction, Deploy your Reserve ", he didn't. Also there is a new reserve that is in the Wiki note. To think we did this for an extra $55 a month.

Jump 62
    aka Paul
    ex-Jumping Junkie and Panther

Top Bottom