• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I didn't see this posted elsewhere and thought it was crazy enough that people might want to see it.

EXCLUSIVE: KCMO drive-by shooting caught on personal dashcam - + KSHB.com

From the video, it appears the two shooters opened up with a handgun and a what appears to be an AK pistol. Somehow (and luckily) no one was hurt, despite the shooters being literally feet away from the victims car (which was reported as being a woman with 2 children).

I'm not really sure how you manage to miss at that range, but I guess anything is possible.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Thank heavens those idiots have no idea how to use the guns they were shooting. I can only hope they are equally inept if/when they are caught.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    On WTHR this evening they were reporting that their target was actually a car that was parked across the street. From the camera angle though, it did look like they were firing at the car right next to them. That makes more sense (if an incident like this can make sense).

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    With other footage it looks like they were aiming at a different car on the other side of street.
    Still.. that's messed up

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Random thoughts:

1. If I were the guy with the dash cam (and I do have a Garmin GPS with dashcam apparently like the one in the video), I would hope I would have presence of mind to NOT just sit there while the shooter cranks off a bunch of rounds. Pull a U-ey or some such, but go be somewhere else. I generally allow a pretty good gap between me and the vehicle ahead.

2. As to the shooter's vehicle (nice ride, by the way) drives off down the road, the angle from the shooter to the camera car starts getting very skinny indeed. Can you say "backstop?" See Random Thought 1.

Question for the class: assuming you are still there when the shooting stops, do you get out and render aid to whoever is in the "shootee's" vehicle?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Question for the class: assuming you are still there when the shooting stops, do you get out and render aid to whoever is in the "shootee's" vehicle?

Depends on a few things...

* Does the shootee look to be a ganger? (I do not want to run up on them and catch a bullet)
    * Did I have a good chance of getting the plate number of shooter? If not, do I feel I could follow a short bit while on the phone to LEO?
    * Am I late to a yoga class and do not have the time to fret over it all? (Trick answer as I do not do yoga in a classroom setting)

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The rounds, or some of them, can be seen hitting the pavement on the other side of the street. We don't need no stinking sights.

Top Bottom