• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Looks like it may soon be a reality here. Just wondering if it passes if it will be an every day occurrence to see someone open carrying? Looks like CCW would still require a permit. Thought's?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The confusion in this topic could have been avoided had the original poster explicitly stated he was discussing Tennessee and not Indiana. Curiously, the default assumption on Indiana Gun Owners is that discussion is pertinent to . . . Indiana.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    lol, good discussion.
    I recently moved to Michigan, and it is constitutional open carry here, but need CPL to carry concealed (not a "LTCH" here, although I have my IN lifetime LTCH). In execution, the idea is pretty simple and I don't mind. There are TONS of people here that don't realize the difference between CC and OC, though that's probably not uncommon for non-gun folks.
    I would like it more if there were no License needed at all :)

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    lol, good discussion.
    I recently moved to Michigan, and it is constitutional open carry here, but need CPL to carry concealed (not a "LTCH" here, although I have my IN lifetime LTCH). In execution, the idea is pretty simple and I don't mind. There are TONS of people here that don't realize the difference between CC and OC, though that's probably not uncommon for non-gun folks.
    I would like it more if there were no License needed at all :)

Funny that in Michigan you can open carry being a proper person, but you need to have your guns registered, not sure how that came about? Now I wonder if it has to be totally visible at all times with out any exception for part of a shirt becoming partially un tucked?

Also Are there not 5 year old girls there? How does the open carrier protect themselves from the threat they pose?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    The confusion in this topic could have been avoided had the original poster explicitly stated he was discussing Tennessee and not Indiana. Curiously, the default assumption on Indiana Gun Owners is that discussion is pertinent to . . . Indiana.

Seems like the default assumption would be that Topics Pertaining to Our God Given rights backed by the Constitution would be of interest regardless of the state of origin? even though I do't live in Illinois I still like to be aware of what is going on there and other Anti Rights States.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I took a double take on the OP and then looked to see who it was wnd where he was from. I noticed the TN. and that cleared up the confusion.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Seems like the default assumption would be that Topics Pertaining to Our God Given rights backed by the Constitution would be of interest regardless of the state of origin? even though I do't live in Illinois I still like to be aware of what is going on there and other Anti Rights States.

While that's true, unless otherwise stated, most on here would assume that the information given is about Indiana. That's usually why most information about other states is stated as being about Illinois or California, or wherever. I know, for myself, I thought this thread was about OC in Indiana until I started reading the replies.

Top Bottom