• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    As the owner of a camera equipped, rather expensive drone I think the operator should be charged with voyeurism. People have a reasonable expectation of privacy in the airspace immediately surrounding their homes. It appears that house backs up against not much and the homeowners could do things like change clothes in an upstairs bedroom without worrying about someone seeing them. Using a drone to get around that should be prosecuted in my opinion.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I like hearing about people shooting drones out of the air... People need to use common sense.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've heard of some people getting away with it, and others like the guy in this video are arrested... If you watch till the end you will hear that he open carries a small cannon too! :): (40mm)

[video=youtube;UHWuC0IWobg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHWuC0IWobg[/video]

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The title is misleading. This woman isn't crazy; she is justifiably outraged. She is being harassed. The operator should have gotten the point after she threw rocks.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    As the owner of a camera equipped, rather expensive drone I think the operator should be charged with voyeurism. People have a reasonable expectation of privacy in the airspace immediately surrounding their homes. It appears that house backs up against not much and the homeowners could do things like change clothes in an upstairs bedroom without worrying about someone seeing them. Using a drone to get around that should be prosecuted in my opinion.

So you're saying that uploading this video to YouTube wasn't the smartest thing for the operator to do?

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    So you're saying that uploading this video to YouTube wasn't the smartest thing for the operator to do?

Its the best thing he could have done. If the world was just her husband would pay the guy a visit and leave with the drone. More realistically I hope the the guy gets tracked down and put through the legal system

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    One of my neighbors got a drone. Flew it around the 'hood and hovered over my driveway while I was out. After I flipped it/him the bird, he came over to complain. I guess he and his kids were watching the video when I gave him the 1-finger salute. I reminded him that I own the airspace over my property, at least to a few hundred feet (I know the actual height is hotly debated), and that he would need to ask permission before using my property again. He now flies it, without permission, over a different neighbor's field and woods.

I've seen a lot of cool video shot with personal "drones". Unfortunately, I've also seen plenty of video that was either illegal, or at least in poor taste.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Its the best thing he could have done. If the world was just, her husband would pay the guy a visit and leave with the drone. More realistically I hope the the guy gets tracked down and put through the legal system

FIFY. It made no sense at all without the comma.

Top Bottom