• ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    So are all their guns on clearance now?

I doubt it... in my (limited) experience with closing liquidations, they can usually find a buyer for all remaining guns bought as a lot. So, there's USUALLY not much motivation to clearance them out (since they likely have a buyer lined up willing to pay about 75-85% of their wholesale cost)

If that's not the case, then yes, expect food sales in the last 2 weeks

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Guess ill have to find a new meet place to make trades. Everytime i met someone there i always went in and bought a brick of 22's. As a matter of fact have to pick up 600 rounds i ordered online and had shipped to store. Maybe this is why they didn't call me to tell me FedEx delivered them. Go grab em in the morning before they're gone for good i guess

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So are all their guns on clearance now?

Yes,they will mark them down 25% after marking them up 50%. They always pull those stunts. "Look! This Glock is marked down 25%!" "Dude, I was in here a month ago and it was $50 cheaper before the clearance."

I'll never forget when Childrens Palace went under. They pulled that crap. And they used a formula across the board for everything. I walked in and saw the $1 boxes of candy "marked down 50%" off and they had a sticker that read " [STRIKE]$2.50 [/STRIKE]$1.25" on them. :rolleyes: Needless to say I turned around because I instantly realized there were no good deals there.

jjtroy912

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2013
    Ft. W
    Kinda bummed to hear this, some of my oldest memories about hunting are of being a kid going there with my dad to get hunting gear. It was so big and cool then. I was under the impression that all ganders were going south (pun intended) but seriously with the bankruptcy rumors and all.

jjtroy912

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2013
    Ft. W
    Gander Mountain?
    Good riddance!

Hard to disagree given their prices. That said I never thought I'd buy a gun from them and a month or two ago they had the lowest price on what I was looking for. I was amazed, then I heard they were maybe going bankrupt like the next day. Too bad they had to do themselves in to get competitive. I actually briefly worked at one, and it was a good place just corporate bs killed the potential.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Ive always thought they'd do better as a retailer if their stores were half the size they are now, the exact inventory they have now minus the sea of sweatshirts and over priced firearms/optics because I do appreciate the stuff like camping chairs, rifle cases, large selection of SD ammo, fishing lures and worms etc

SlowPlay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Lafayette
    I stopped in that GM store on a Monday, around noon, a couple weeks before last Christmas, and I was only 1 of 5 customers in the whole store. Only 3 cars parked in front of the main entrance........sad indeed.

Top Bottom