• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabashman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Have 2 of them. They work well enough. Not super fancy or extremely thick metal. But wasn't looking to spend 3k per safe either.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I think it's a good deal, too, but.............You gotta' remember the 64 gun capacity only means there are 64 slots. Scoped rifles can reduce the capacity by as much as 50%. And, I wouldn't have a safe with a digital lock. Too many stories about the lock mechanism failing.

wabashman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    I think it's a good deal, too, but.............You gotta' remember the 64 gun capacity only means there are 64 slots. Scoped rifles can reduce the capacity by as much as 50%. And, I wouldn't have a safe with a digital lock. Too many stories about the lock mechanism failing.

I plead the fifth with regards top lock mechanism. Not wanting to jinx myself. However, you can easily replace the electric lock with a normal dial lock in about twenty minutes.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    My "safe" has a digital lock and a combination lock. Kinda the best of both worlds, although I tend to be lazy and only use the keypad, so I don't have the dial combination memorized. Something I need to remedy, and as a buddy suggested, just change the digital combo to the same as the dial.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    They're not bad safes. Sure there are better safes available, but they are a good value. I really like that mine doesn't have exposed hinges. Anchor it to the floor even though it is heavy. I have no issue with giving them my thumbs up.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    These are not good safes at all. They removed the relocker, hardplate and basically everything that gives it any security. At this point, they are purely going as a gun locker because the fire ratings are not even close to accurate. I would stay away from these guys. In the low end market, Winchester makes a much better safe, but for a couple bucks more you could get a really nice AMSEC or Liberty. Just make sure to buy domestic from these companies.
    Hmmm? Me thinks you may have a vested interest in this subject?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    These are not good safes at all. They removed the relocker, hardplate and basically everything that gives it any security. At this point, they are purely going as a gun locker because the fire ratings are not even close to accurate. I would stay away from these guys. In the low end market, Winchester makes a much better safe, but for a couple bucks more you could get a really nice AMSEC or Liberty. Just make sure to buy domestic from these companies.

:welcome:to :ingo:
    Did you just join to advertise your business?

I'm not sure Hoosiers will go all the way to LA to buy a safe.

Top Bottom